LEAGUE OF HER OWN
The Fresno Grizzlies are proud to announce a new initiative to support and encourage girls in the sports industry-whether on the field or in the front office. Through the overarching initiative "A League of Her Own," we aim to provide real and meaningful experiences for girls to participate in sports. The Grizzlies will implement this new mission through three unique programs:
- Summer Shadow Program
- Women in Sports Speaker Series
- Girls Baseball Clinic.
SUMMER SHADOW PROGRAM
This summer, we will kick off the Fresno Grizzlies' Summer Shadow Program. The program aims to give young girls a meaningful opportunity to explore their options for a career in the sports industry.
- Applications will be sent to local high schools
- Two (2) week-long cohorts: June 15 - 20, 2020 or July 13-18, 2020
- Up to five (5) girls in each cohort
- Each selected participant will rotate through each department within the Fresno Grizzlies' Front Office and Game Day operations
- At the end of the program, each girl will be recognized during a pre-game on-field ceremony
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14-18 years old and be currently enrolled in high school
PRE-GAME SPEAKER SERIES
This summer, we will kick off the Fresno Grizzlies' Women in Sports Speaker Series. The program aims to give young women role models in the sports industry that can inspire them to follow their dreams.
- The series will take place one Sunday a month, before a Grizzlies home game.
- Speakers will highlight local women who have pioneered a career in the sports industry, whether on-field or in the front office
- Free pre-game forum with purchase of any ticket to the game.
GIRLS BASEBALL CLINIC
This summer, the Fresno Grizzlies will host its inaugural Girls Baseball Clinic. The clinic will provide young women with the opportunity to learn baseball fundamentals from the one-and-only Ila Borders - the first woman to pitch and win on a professional men's baseball team!!
- Saturday, May 23, 2020
- 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at Chukchansi Park
- This will be a free clinic for young women (ages 5 - 14)