TONIGHT's GAME (7:05):
The IronPigs look to win consecutive games to open the season for the first time in franchise history and polish off a two-game sweep of the rival Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees at Coca-Cola Park. Lehigh Valley, behind six perfect innings from starting pitcher Tyler Cloyd, took the opener, 3-0, on Thursday night. Click here for last night's game recap
TICKETS: Tickets are still available for tonight's game and can be purchased by clicking here
- The first Friday Night Fireworks presented by Lehigh Valley Center for Sight of the season follow the game.
- Also, the first 5,000 fans will receive a 2012 Magnet Schedule courtesy of 69 News WFMZ-TV.
RHP Austin Hyatt - making his first career Triple-A start - is a 6-4, 210-pound, 25-year-old selected by the Phillies in the 15th round of the 2009 draft out of the University of Alabama. Last season, the Atlanta, GA. native went 12-6, 3.85 ERA in a league-leading 28 starts for the Reading Phillies. In fact, Hyatt, a 2011 Eastern League All-Star, also led the league in wins, strikeouts (171) and finished second in innings pitched (154.1). Over his first three pro seasons, Hyatt is 27-11, 3.20 in 73 games (59 starts) and has struck out 441 in 359 2/3 innings.
RHP Dellin Betances - ranked by Baseball America as the 3rd best prospect in the NYY system - is a 6-8, 260-pound, 24-year-old selected in the 8th round of the 2006 draft out of Grand Street Campus High School in Brooklyn, NY where he set a school record with 20 k in one game. The New York, NY native started 2011 in Trenton (AA) going 4-6, 3.42 (105.1 IP, 40 ER) in 21 GS where he was named to the Eastern League All-Star team. Betances was promoted to Scranton/WB on 8/16 where he went 0-3, 5.14 ERA (21.0 IP 12 ER) in 4 GS before making his MLB debut for the Yankees on 9/22 vs. TB (2 ER, 4 BB, 1 HB in 0.2 IP)... A member of the Yankees 40-man roster, Betances has flourished since undergoing "Tommy John" surgery (8/27/09) going 12-10, 3.11 in 44 GS (214.1 IP). Ironically enough, Betances also tossed 214.1 innings before "Tommy John" going 12-13, 3.91 in 48 GS...
- LHP Manny Banuelos and RHP Dellin Betances are the top two pitching prospects in the Yankees organization.
- INF Brandon Laird had 16 home runs and 69 RBI a season ago for Scranton/WB.
- Former IronPigs, OF Dewayne Wise and INF Jack Cust suit up for the rival Yankees.
- OF Domonic Brown will be looking to regain the form that made him the top prospect in the organization after a struggle in 2011.
- LHP Jake Deikman is one of many stalwarts in the 'Pigs pen this season. He held lefties to .099 (9-91) last year at Reading (AA).
- INF Cody Overbeck has hit 48 home runs over the last two seasons. Batted .279-6-26 in 68 games with Lehigh Valley in 2011 after starting season in Reading.
WATCH & LISTEN LIVE: Catch all the action on the IronPigs Television Network powered by Service Electric on 2 Sports. Coverage begins at 6:35 pm with the pre-game show. You can also listen live to the Voices of the IronPigs Matt Provence and Jon Schaeffer on the IronPigs Radio Network, ESPN Radio 1230-1320.
- Wednesday, April 11 - FeRROUS Bobble Belly (3,000 Adults, 18+)
- Thursday, April 12 - FeFe Bobble Head and Arm (3,000 Adults, 18+); Ladies Night
- Friday, April 13 - Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Penn State Lehigh Valley
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.