The River Cats have several exciting promotions lined up for the 2011 season. With individual tickets going on sale online February 7, fans should begin planning their summer fun at Raley Field.
New to this season's promotional schedule: Four collectible pin nights presented by KCRA (April 12, May 21, Aug. 2, Aug. 30 - first 2,500 fans); Hangover Movie Night (May 26) - a postgame showing of the first Hangover movie on Cat Vision (ages 17 & older) just prior to the scheduled mid-night release of the Hangover 2; and Dinger's Birthday Bash presented by Jelly Belly (July 17) with a Dinger Birthday Bobblehead giveaway (first 2,500 fans).
"We are excited about our promotional line-up for the 2011 River Cats season," said Jennifer Castleberry, Sr. Dir. of Marketing, Events & Entertainment. "We are taking entertainment beyond the diamond and making the experience at Raley Field fun for every fan."
Additional promotional schedule highlights:
- Opening Night (April 7) - Game Schedule Cling giveaway presented by Raley's and Bel-Air (first 7,500 fans)
- Art Day(April 10) - Team Poster giveaway (first 2,500 fans)
- Mother's Day Celebration (May 8) - Cold Cup Tumbler giveaway (first 2,500 fans) and special pregame brunch package
- Team Spirit Night (June 3) - Rally Hawk giveaway (first 2,500 fans)
- Bark in the Ballpark (June 12) - Enjoy the game with your dog
- Father's Day Celebration (June 19) - Postgame appearance by Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey and special BBQ package
- Independence Weekend Celebration (July 2 & 3 presented by US Army) - Two-night Sutter Health Fireworks extravaganza
- Swing for the Cure (July 23) - River Cats silent jersey auction
- Fan Appreciation Night (Sept. 1) - It's the final regular season game celebrating all River Cats fans
A new addition to the River Cats recurring promotions includes "Nine Innings @ Noon" presented by yp.com. All Wednesday games in 2011 will begin at 12:05 p.m. with the intention to align more with lunch breaks so that workers can come out and enjoy lunch at the ballpark and a few innings or more of baseball.
2011 Recurring promotions:
- U.S. Bank Sunday Funday with pregame autographs and kids running the bases postgame
- Seniors Eat Free Mondays, with free membership in the Silver Cats Club and Baseball Bingo
- Kids Eat Free Tuesdays, presented by California Family Fitness, with free membership in the Dinger's Kids Club
- Nine Innings @ Noon on Wednesdays, presented by yp.com - special ticket and meal packages
- Miller Lite Thirsty Thursdays featuring $2 Miller and Miller Lite beer
- Toyota Family Value Fridays with $1 hot dogs and $1 desserts
- Sutter Health postgame fireworks Saturdays
The promotional schedule is also available on the River Cats iPhone App.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.