Oklahoma City, Okla. -- At 12:01 a.m. when NBA player LeBron James officially becomes a free agent, the Division-leading Oklahoma City RedHawks will enter the "LeBron James Sweepstakes."
"Although the front office makes no player personnel decisions, LeBron is pretty popular," said RedHawks Executive Director John Allgood. We'd sell a lot of tickets!"
It is unknown if James has any baseball experience.
"He is a phenomenal, versatile talent," said team representative Jason Black. "And we believe he can help us win a championship."
The team currently has a 3 1/2 game lead.
Many NBA teams are lining up to make offers to the star with a contract that will be worth millions. In lieu of a multi-million dollar contract, the RedHawks are prepared to make the following offer:
- Access to a luxury suite at least one game per home stand.
- Free housing in 1,500 square foot rental property located in Harrah, Okla. Yes, free.
- Groundskeeper Monte McCoy will mow the lawn of said property.
- Will offer a new hot dog at the popular "Dog Pound" called the LeBratwurst, with toppings of Mr. James choosing.
- Throw out the ceremonial first pitch every night.
- All James runs will count as two and homeruns will be three (Pending league approval).
- Entitled to all free promotional giveaways, including replica jersey (one size fits all) on July 30.
- Upon arrival, RedHawks will change Family 4 Pack ticket option to Family 6 Pack in honor of James new number.
- Four tickets to our "All You Can Eat" section.
- Gift certificates from local businesses.
The offer is only good through the All-Star Break because there is a potential occupant for the rental property in Harrah.
The RedHawks are contemplating making similar offers to Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Brian Scalabrine.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.