Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via
Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app and Google Play. Send your questions and feedback to [email protected]. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Recommended readingThree Strikes (5:45)
Will Smith interview (31:30)
- The Arizona Fall League season has officially began, and some prospects have gotten off to fast starts. Tyler and Sam lay out the most impressive performers from the first week of AFL play.
- A Baseball America story this week reported that "there seems to be a building consensus that baseball will soon be headed to a 32-team configuration," with Montreal and Portland being the leading contenders to get a club. Though the story is tenuous and expansion would be years away, our cohosts discuss what that could mean for the Minor Leagues, particularly from a player-development standpoint.
- Finally, MiLB.com's Organization All-Stars series continues apace, so Tyler and Sam play catch-up by mentioning some farm systems that stand out for a variety of reasons.
Ben's Biz Banter (48:08)
- The Dodgers' No. 8 prospect calls in from the Arizona Fall League to talk about the prospect finishing school, his recovery from a broken hand that ended his regular season in July, the development of the University of Louisville baseball program and what it's like to play in an organization that's one win away from the World Series.
Wrapping up (1:05:32)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill gives his business-related take on expansion and provides his MiLBY picks for Promo of the Year, his thoughts on a Weird Al/Minor League crossover and his story on 2017's food-related identities.