Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Jose Fernandez remembrance (1:56)
- The tragic news of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez's death in a boating accident hit the baseball community hard over the weekend. Tyler and Sam start the show with their memories of the 24-year-old right-hander and discuss their favorite stories from his all-too-short career.
Three Strikes (20:20)
- The final World Baseball Classic qualifier took place over the weekend with Israel outlasting Great Britain, Brazil and Pakistan to earn a spot in the Seoul regional next March. The guys break down how a team filled with some familiar names was able to pull off the international victory.
- This week's Toolsheds look back at preseason Steamer600 projections to see how they held up for some of the season's most prominent rookies. The podcast's Strike Two deals with those who overperformed expectations...
- ... and Strike Three pivots to the prospects who underperformed their projections.
Cody Decker interview (38:36)
- Minor League veteran Cody Decker calls into the podcast to talk about his performance with Israel in the WBC qualifer, how the team came together in a short span of time and what his expectations are for the tournament next March.
Ben's Biz Banter (56:40)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins the show for his weekly podcast segment, calling in from Birmingham at the Promo Seminar. Ben breaks down exactly what happens when the industry gathers in one spot to discuss what worked and what very much didn't in the world of promotions.
Wrapping up (1:08:25)