The Tides will be hosting their 2019 Fan Fest presented by Food Lion on Saturday, July 13th from 10 am - 2 pm. The day will feature a full day of special experience opportunities, including batting practice, ballpark tours and photo chances with Rip Tide and Triton. Admission and parking for this special event is FREE OF CHARGE.
Food Lion Fan Fest Activities
Live Batting Practice on the field
Each fan can take eight swings. If a fan hits a home run with a wooden bat, that fan will win a Season Ticket for the remainder of the 2019 season and the 2020 season!
Batting Practice will take place on the following schedule:
• 10:15 am to 10:45 am: Soft Toss/Tee (15 participants)
• 10:45 am to 11:30 am: Machine Pitch - Beginner Speed (40 mph) (30 participants)
• 11:30 am to 12:00 pm - Machine Pitch - Advanced Speed (65 mph) (15 participants)
• Break for Run the Bases
• 12:15 pm to 12:45 pm - Soft Toss/Tee (15 participants)
• 12:45 pm to 1:30 pm - Machine Pitch - Beginner Speed (40 mph) (30 participants)
• 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm - Machine Pitch - Advanced Speed (65 mph) (15 participants)
• Close out the Day with Run the Bases
Fans can sign up for one of the priority time windows listed above by emailing email@example.com. Space is limited and slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Fans who do not sign up for a priority time window prior to Fan Fest will have the opportunity to hit in the batting cages underneath the stadium and will be able to hit on the field if time allows. Fans are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Equipment will be available for use as well. The Tides reserve the right to move all of Batting Practice inside to the Harbor Park Batting Cages should the weather or field conditions warrant such action.
Ballpark Tours And Other Events
You can enjoy exclusive behind the scenes tours of the Tides Clubhouse, Press Box & Suite Level. These tours will begin every half hour starting at 10:15 am. Other events include:
• Take a trip around the bases (at 12 Noon and 2:00 pm)
• Take photos with Rip Tide and Triton (From 11:00 am to 11:30 am; 11:45 am to 12:15 pm and 12:30 pm to 1 pm)
• Free Face Painting and Balloons
• Shop the Team Store
Fans should plan to Park in lots A, B, C and D. Fans should enter Harbor Park using the Home Plate Entrance.
Fan Fest is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather or poor field conditions, all batting practice will be moved indoors to the Harbor Park Batting Cages.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.