Corporate Sales and Promotions Account Executive
This position is an entry-level opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a functional front office within the sports industry while focusing on the fast-paced world of sales and promotions. We are looking for a motivated individual who is looking to start their sports sales career who can network comfortably with community leaders and build long-term sponsorship relationships for the organization. This position requires a great deal of time, dedication and hard work during the season. In addition, this position will work all home games working with the Tides promotions team.
• Renew existing sponsorship accounts
• Develop potential leads
• Cold call local businesses and organizations
• Handle incoming sponsorship calls
• Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments.
• Create and sell sponsorship packages to new prospects
• Participate in various sales, team and community events as assigned.
• Represent organization at various networking events.
• Manage multiple promotions/fan experience assets each game day
• Represent the Norfolk Tides in a positive and professional manner at all times
• Must work all Norfolk Tides home games
• Must be able to handle stress and time management in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Must be detailed oriented, strong communications skills, teamwork, and enthusiasm
• Ability to multitask, organized, and focus on customer service
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• Bachelor's degree (or requisite experience) required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to provide superior customer service
• Sales experience is preferred, within the sports or entertainment industry a plus
• Basic understanding of Spanish preferred
Salary: Based on Experience - Entry Level Position
Start Date: ASAP
Submit your résumé to Mike Watkins.