The San Antonio Missions are committed to creating a family-friendly and welcoming environment at the ballpark for all guests. As part of that commitment, we have adopted this written policy addressing fan behavior. The policy includes a Fan Code of Conduct, which is fan-facing and describes how fans are expected to behave.
Fan Code of Conduct
Out of respect for fellow guests, players, coaches, and ballpark staff, all guests are prohibited from:
- Trespassing on the playing field at any time;
- Interfering with baseballs that are in play;
- Throwing or tossing objects;
- Using foul, obscene or derogatory language (see below) or gestures;
- Misuse or overconsumption of alcohol, including underage consumption;
- Behaving in a manner that is disruptive, unruly, or abusive;
- Accessing areas of the ballpark without a proper ticket, pass, or credential;
- Misusing tickets, passes, or credentials in any way; or
- Bringing prohibited items (see below) into the ballpark
Derogatory language is defined as offensive language concerning a person's race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientations, or national origin, and anyone using such language is subject to automatic ejection from the ballpark.
Prohibited Items at Nelson Wolff Stadium
- Weapons of any kind (even with a permit)
- Containers such as cooler or Thermos
- Lawn Chairs (only for berm seating)
- Distracting Banners/Signs
- Beach Balls and other Inflatables
- Glass Bottles
- Laser Devices and Pointers
- Skateboards and Rollerblades
- Toy Guns and Knives (including water guns)
- Sticks and Clubs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Aerosol cans
- Baseball Bats
- Hard-sided Coolers
Violations of the Fan Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and may lead to ejection from the ballpark, a ban on attending future games, or other consequences. Guests who are found to have used derogatory language will be ejected from the ballpark.
Guests are encouraged to report violations of the Fan Code of Conduct to the nearest ballpark staff member. This can be done in person, at the Great Clips Convenience Center, or by contacting the Missions at 210-675-7275.