Overview: The RailRiders Community Relations Intern is responsible for providing assistance to the director of community relations with all planning, coordination, and execution of community programs and events as well as assistance with organizational and administrative tasks associated with the SWB Pinstripes Foundation.
Compensation: Hourly paid position - approx. 30-40 hours per week
Start Date: February/March 2020
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Answer and fulfill donation, mascot appearance, and player appearance requests.
- Assist in the execution of the RailRiders school program, including program school assemblies.
- Assist in the execution of theme nights, awareness nights, mascot related events (CHAMP's Birthday) and community initiatives during RailRiders' home games.
- Assist in and planning an execution of all special events and charity walks held at PNC Field on Saturday's throughout the year.
- Schedule requests for player/mascot community appearances. May include escorting player or mascot to different events around Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of participants in the RailRiders' Military Appreciation Program and Community Organization of the Game program and National Anthem program, etc.
- Manage and organize materials related to in-game jersey and merchandise auctions.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the director of community relations or marketing department
- Must be willing to work long hours including holidays, weekends and weeknights.
- Will need to attend the majority of RailRiders home games (Especially key events such as HOPE Week and community initiative games).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must have a reliable car and valid driver's license.
- Basic computer skills, including ability in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are preferred.
- Knowledge of operating systems for the following social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, YouTube, Snapchat.