North Little Rock, AR-The Tulsa Drillers spoiled the opener of a 10 game homestand for the Arkansas Travelers with an 8-3 win on Thursday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. It was the eighth consecutive win for the Drillers who continue to lead the TL North by two games over Springfield.
Moments That Mattered
- Tulsa scored twice in the first inning but left the bases loaded.
- Arkansas tied the score in the fourth on a line drive homer by Marcus Littlewood.
- Jacob Scavuzzo responded the next inning with a three-run homer for the Drillers giving them a lead they would not relinquish.
Notable Travs Performances
- C Marcus Littlewood: 2-4, HR (6), run, 2 RBIs
- 3B Seth Mejias-Brean: 2-4, run
- 2B Chris Mariscal: 2-4
Arkansas and Tulsa continue their series on Friday night. Right-hander Lindsey Caughel (8-9, 4.35) takes the ball opposite righty Yadier Alvarez (0-0, 3.12). First pitch is at 7:10 and there are fireworks after the game. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.