The Birmingham Barons are excited to announce the following details ahead of the 46th Annual Southern League All-Star Game on Tuesday, June 19, presented by Wind Creek Wetumpka. The day of the game will be loaded with exciting events for fans to enjoy.Tuesday, June 19 - 46th Annual Southern League
The Birmingham Barons are excited to announce the following details ahead of the 46th Annual Southern League All-Star Game on Tuesday, June 19, presented by Wind Creek Wetumpka. The day of the game will be loaded with exciting events for fans to enjoy.
Tuesday, June 19 - 46th Annual Southern League All-Star Game
- Game Times: Regions Field gates will open at 4:30 p.m., the Home Run Derby will begin at 5:00 p.m., and the game will begin at 7:05 p.m.
- Lanyard Giveaway: All fans attending the game will receive a special All-Star Game lanyard and ticket holder, presented by Wind Creek Wetumpka.
- Home Run Derby: Six of the Southern League's top sluggers will battle in the Southern League All-Star Home Run Derby, presented by Adamson Ford. The Home Run Derby will consist of two rounds with three North Division All-Stars and three South Division All-Stars battling it out, with the winner from each division competing in the final round. The full list of participants for the Home Run Derby will be announced in the coming days. It will be emceed by Grace Remington from WVTM.
- Pregame Ceremonies:
o The first pitch will be thrown out by Birmingham's Mayor Woodfin
o The Barons will recognize former Negro League players from various clubs such as the Birmingham Black Barons, Kansas City Monarchs, Indianapolis Clowns, and more prior to first pitch.
o Starting around 6:30 p.m., all players from both teams will be introduced and will line up on their respective baselines prior to the national anthem.
o Grammy-nominated singer Jamey Johnson will perform the National Anthem. A life-long musician and performer, this former marine made his name in Music City as a songwriter. Now, he has two critically acclaimed albums under his belt as well as a truckload of awards.
o At the end of the National Anthem, F16 fighter jets from the 187th Fighter Wing out of Montgomery will fly over Regions Field.
- On TV: The game will be broadcast live on MeTV at channel 13.2 over the air, Charter channel 194, and Brighthouse channel 365 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- ZOOperstars!: This unique show features hilarious inflatable characters, synchronized dance routines, acrobatics, tricks, and comedy for performances that connect with fans of all ages.
- Fireworks: Following the game, fireworks will light up the Birmingham sky.
Tickets are still available and can be purchased online or by visiting the ticket office at Regions Field. The ticket office at Regions Field is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.