BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - After a nearly two-hour rain delay at the start of the night, the Birmingham Barons (24-28) wasted no time in jumping out to an early lead and holding on late to earn a 6-4 win over the Chattanooga Lookouts (31-23) on Friday night at Regions Field. The win
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - After a nearly two-hour rain delay at the start of the night, the Birmingham Barons (24-28) wasted no time in jumping out to an early lead and holding on late to earn a 6-4 win over the Chattanooga Lookouts (31-23) on Friday night at Regions Field. The win gives the Barons their second straight series win their North Division rivals to start the season.
- Turning Point: Holding a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the fourth with two outs and the bases, Zack Collins broke the game open for good with a double deep to the right-field corner to clear the bases and extend the Birmingham lead to 5-1 against Lookouts starter Anthony Marzi (L, 0-3).
- By the Numbers: Eloy Jimenez extended his hitting streak to 11 games by going 2-for-4 with a run scored. He began the offensive attack with a two-out triple in the first inning and scored the night's first run on a balk by Marzi.
- Moments That Mattered: Bryant Flete played an integral part in the offense on Friday, going 3-for-4 with two RBI hits that extended the Birmingham lead. First, he hit a double to left to plate a run in the second. Then he extended the lead to 6-1 with a bases-loaded single to left in the fifth, capping the scoring for the home team.
- Facts and Figures: Jordan Guerrero (W, 2-5) gave up one run on five hits with one walk and four strikeouts to earn his second win of the season and first since his first start of the season on April 8. In the ninth, Ian Hamilton (S, 9) gave up a run, but rebounded to finish the game with the tying runs on base and earn the save.
- Up Next: The series concludes with a 6:30 p.m. matchup on Saturday at Regions Field. Ian Clarkin (3-5, 6.29 is set to start for Birmingham. Curt Bloom will have the call on 960 WERC News Radio and the iHeart Radio app.