As the 2021 Minor League Baseball season gets underway, the Hooks, along with the Houston Astros, Minor League Baseball and Corpus Christi health officials, have set protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of our fans and staff at all games and events at Whataburger Field.
The Hooks will offer socially-distanced seating options in sections 110-112 and 125-128.
We know you have questions, and we’re here to answer them to the best of our ability. Please read these guidelines to know what to expect when you arrive at the ballpark and how we’re following healthy and safety protocols as assigned by Major League Baseball and local health authorities. If you still have questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected].
- BAG POLICY: Bags will not be allowed in the venue. Exceptions are manufacturer-designed diaper bags (when accompanied by an infant or small child), medical bags, and single compartment clutches, wristlets and hip/fanny packs that do not exceed 9” x 5”. This policy applies to all guests and will allow for reduced touching of bag items in the entry process. Guests that bring a diaper or medical bag will be required to utilize one of the bag check lanes and may encounter delayed entry.
- MASK POLICY: Masks and face coverings are required at all times within Whataburger Field unless actively eating or drinking. Eating and drinking is only permitted at your ticketed seat (not the general concourse).
- ENTRANCES AND GATES: Fans may enter the ballpark through the Main or Right Field gates, which will typically open one hour prior to game time, with the exception of giveaway nights when gates open 90 minutes prior. The CITGO Cotton Club entrance will be open for Season Ticket Members and suite holders and will open 90 minutes prior to first pitch. The elevator will still be accessible to all guests.
- WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN ENTERING: All fans will be subject to a verbal health screening upon arrival. Guests will be asked to physically distance while waiting in the gate queue line. The Hooks will utilize screening equipment, such as walkthrough metal detectors and tables, at the entry gates in ways to better facilitate physical distancing while performing security screening.
- TICKETS: Mobile ticketing has been implemented for all games. The Whataburger Field Box Office will be open to accommodate any ticketing issues.
- MOVING WITHIN THE BUILDING: Physical distancing is required when moving throughout the ballpark. We encourage a 6’ distance between you and other parties. To ensure proper hygiene, hand sanitizer dispensers have been positioned around the stadium.
- RESTROOMS: All restrooms around the concourse will be open. Capacity signage will be posted outside of the restrooms.