FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Grizzlies have announced their 2018 promotional lineup, complete with more original big-ticket giveaways, ground-breaking specialty jerseys/theme nights and expanded plans for Taco Truck Throwdown 8. Dependable favorites such as "Halfway to Halloween" and Friday Night Fireworks are also back for the Grizzlies' 21stseason of Triple-A baseball, the 17th campaign in Downtown Fresno at Chukchansi Park.
Individual tickets for all 70 home games will go on sale Monday, February 26 online and in person at the Chukchansi Park box office. Fans can save considerably from day of game and walk-up prices by purchasing season tickets or a mini-plan, which include select guaranteed giveaways (and skipping the lines). To inquire about full or partial season tickets, fans should call the Fresno Grizzlies front office at 559-320-4487. Individual game ticket prices have been lowered by two to three dollars on average, with the lowest Grizzlies ticket price at just 10 dollars.
OPENING (Taco Tues)DAY: Fresno's home-opener is April 10 against Tacoma, although the "Grizzlies" will have to wait a day to play at Chukchansi Park. For the first time Opening Day falls on a Toyota Taco Tuesday, and the Fresno Tacos will take the field in their "taco-uila sunrise" threads. The evening will also feature a special fireworks show, and the first 2,000 fans will receive a 2018 magnet schedule. The media partner for Opening Day is the Fresno Bee.
THE CHAMPS ARE HERE: For the fourth time in the last eight seasons, a World Champion was "Farm Grown" through Triple-A ball in Fresno. Celebrate the valley's contribution to the Houston Astros' 2017 title by snagging the following giveaways…
- Replica ring presented by PG&E, Saturday, April 28: The first 5,000 fans through the gates will receive replica bling designed the same as the hardware former Grizzlies Derek Fisher, Joe Musgrove, Brad Peacock and company picked up in their thrilling seven-game triumph over the Dodgers.
- Carlos Correa "Starting Lineup" figurine presented by Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, Saturday, May 12: The perfect combination of 90s nostalgia and modern stardom! At least the first 1,500 fans will pick up this one of a kind collectible of the Astros' all-star shortstop in a Grizz uniform, includes a trading card.
- "Farm Grown" replica jersey giveaway, Saturday, June 9: Celebrate Fresno's contributions to World Series winners in style!
- Alex Bregman bobblehead, Saturday, July 28: Before he was drilling the game-winning hit in Game 5 of the World Series, Alex Bregman finished his MiLB career in Fresno during July of 2016. For the first 1,500 fans.
SKIP LUNCH: At Chukchansi Park, we have a borderline obsession with finding out who makes the best of everything throughout the Central Valley. Join us for the following "food throwdowns" throughout the season…
- Rib Throwdown, Saturday, May 26: (Open entry, fans vote for winner)
- Tri-Tip Throwdown, Saturday, June 9: (Open entry, fans vote for winner)
- Taco Truck Throwdown 8, July 19-21, presented by La Tapatia: After expanding to a two-day event at Chukchansi Park in 2017, Fresno's pre-eminent taco festival returns for a game day on Thursday, July 19, followed by two days downtown on Friday and Saturday. TTT8 will again feature nearly 40 of the valley's top trucks, live music, comedy, and the Taco-Eating Championship of the World hosted by Major League Eating. Joey Chestnut defended his title last summer, downing 92 tacos in eight minutes.
THEY'RE WEARING WHAT?: It's so much more than just a jersey auction. The Grizzlies have a reputation for creating some of the most memorable theme nights in the history of Minor League Baseball, with the fashion to match. Each game-worn creation will be available in silent auction, with winners receiving their autographed jersey directly from the player…
- Halfway to Halloween, Thursday/Friday, May 24 & 25, presented by Party City (see attached image): A new twist on favorite Grizz promo; a "Nightmare Before Grizz-mas"-themed jersey. The in-ballpark haunted house on the third-base side will also return.
- Coming to Fresno, Thursday, June 21, presented by Fresno/Clovis Convention & Visitors Bureau (see attached image): You'll be asking "this is beautiful, what is that velvet!?" all night long during this Coming To Americatribute, as the Grizzlies play as the Zamunda Lions for a night, complete with McDowell's "Big Micks" available inside the stadium. It's all a tribute to the 30th anniversary of the release of the movie.
- Grateful Dead Night, Friday, July 27: Dead Heads rejoice, and fans of all musical tastes should break out their tye-dye on this night to match the players.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE: Other returning favorites for 2018 include standards such as: My Job Depends on Ag presented by J.D. Heiskell & Company (April 13), Bark in the Park (April 14 and May 27), Star Wars Night presented by Card City (May 4), Scout Night (May 25), Super Heroes Night presented by Measure C (June 8), LEGO weekend featuring interactive building stations (June 8-10), and Princess in the Park (June 22 and August 24). The July 4 Fireworks Extravaganza presented by Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino will also return with the Grizzlies home once again on Independence Day. Every Friday Night home game will feature a post-game fireworks display.
HONORING THOSE WHO SERVE: Military both active and retired will be especially recognized on the following nights…"Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans" (April 28), home game on Memorial Day (May 28) and Military Appreciation weekend (July 6 & 7).
The full promotional schedule can be found on the Promotions page of FresnoGrizzlies.com.
ABOUT THE FRESNO GRIZZLIES
The Fresno Grizzlies, Triple-A affiliate of the Houston Astros, are a member of the 16-team Pacific Coast League and one of 30 clubs in the world playing the highest level of Minor League Baseball. The team plays at 12,500-seat Chukchansi Park in Downtown Fresno, which is also a year-round community gathering place, hosting myriad other special events beyond Grizzlies' games, such as concerts, professional soccer and high school sporting events. The Grizzlies will enter the 2018 season - their 21st in Fresno - on the momentum of three consecutive winning seasons, including a PCL and National Championship in 2015. For information on 2018 Fresno Grizzlies season ticket and mini-plans, fans should call the Grizzlies' ticket office at 559.320.TIXS between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.