Summary: This individual will be responsible for maintaining and developing new business through prospecting, cold calling and executing corporate sponsorships. He/she will establish and maintain client relationships, plan appointments and prepare proposals for potential clients. The Account Executive will make sales and create future visitations to ensure customer retention.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- - Maintain and develop new business through prospecting, cold calling, the use of co-op, vendor development and other sources as required
- - Set appointments via telephone with decision makers while maintaining the weekly goals for sales appointments
- - Handle and deliver all sales presentations to company decision makers
- - Secure agreements with local and national corporations to promote their products and services within the club, including marketing opportunities, season tickets, group outings, etc.
- - Prepare for and manage all prospect objectives in an effort to be in new season accounts
- - Customize sales packages to meet each company's needs
- - Provide ongoing customer service to existing accounts throughout season by visiting them during games, provide amenities and others as requested
- - Promote group and season tickets and skybox suite rentals for the organization as needed
- - Quote group ticket rates on a case by case basis when assigned
- - Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status
- - Provide continuous communication with clients and customers to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- - Develop and execute organizational marketing plans
- - Present proposals to clients outlining potential opportunities
- - Work toward continuous quality improvement
- - Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- - Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- - Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent college or technical school required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- - One year of successful sports team group sales experience preferred
- - Ability to attend most, if not all home games
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- - Valid Driver's License required
- - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- - Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- - Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills:
- - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- - Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- - Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- - Standing - Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Walking - Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Sitting - Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Use of hands to finger, handle or feel - Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Reaching with hands and arms - Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling - Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Talking or hearing - Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- - Travel/Driving - May require travel/driving to other company locations, offsite training/seminars and other work related events. May require use of personal vehicle.
- - Weight lifted/Force exerted - An average of approximately up to 25 pounds, non-continuously. Physical demand requirements listed are primarily applied to ability to lift and move paper supply, client files, etc.
- - Vision - Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Vision requirements listed are primarily applied to use of computers, files and document/account analysis.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- - Environmental - There is little to no exposure to hazardous environmental conditions
- - Noise - Moderate (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, etc.)
To apply, please send a resume to Randy Wehofer at email@example.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.