The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will put single-game tickets for the 2017 season on sale to the public on Sat., March 4, in a National Pig Day celebration that also features a complimentary piece of chocolate-covered bacon for the first 500 ticket purchasers 18 and older, a Pig Roast with complimentary pork sandwiches, activities for families and children and a musical performance by Erin Kelly. Also, Full-Season Bacon, USA, members are encouraged to join in on the fun by picking up their 2017 ticket packages from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. As a reminder, fans can save $2 off single-game ticket prices listed below by making a purchase in advance of the day of game, beginning on National Pig Day.
Fans seeking to guarantee the best seats at Coca-Cola Park are encouraged to consider a Bacon, USA, Membership Plan before individual tickets go on sale. Members enjoy a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous new amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to an annual holiday party, an invitation to an exclusive player and coaches photo session and more. For more information, call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Initially on March 4, single-game ticket purchases will only be available to fans on a walk-up basis beginning at 9 a.m. at the Coca-Cola Park Ticket Office. The ticket office will remain open until 5 p.m. on March 4 and reopen from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sun., March 5. Beginning at 1 p.m. on March 4, fans will also be able to purchase single-game tickets over the phone by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) and online at IronPigsBaseball.com.
Prices for single-game IronPigs tickets start as low as $10 for General Admission, which grants fans access to the spacious Capital BlueCross Lawn, the Bud Light Trough, the Oasis and all other standing-room-only areas on the concourse. The IronPigs also offer a $13 General Admission value ticket that includes $5 of Ballpark Credit that can be redeemed for food, beverage or merchandise at Coca-Cola Park (certain restrictions apply). Field Level reserved seats are $13. A limited number of Coordinated Health Club Level tickets priced at $18 per game are still available. Bacon, USA, Membership Plans featuring Coordinated Health Club Level tickets are also still available and can be purchased now by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447). Fans can save $2 off single-game ticket prices listed above by making a purchase in advance of the day of game, beginning on National Pig Day.
Individual tickets for the unique seating areas listed below will also go on sale at Coca-Cola Park beginning on March 4 and are expected to sell quickly:
- The Pig Pen area that's located on the field level and in close proximity to the bullpens and the field of play features 76 exclusive seats across two rows, providing an intimate viewing experience that was previously only enjoyed by the pitchers and catchers in the bullpen. While savoring this truly unique player's perspective, fans can also enjoy in-seat food and beverage service and take advantage of a completely distinct and mouth-watering menu that's unique for "Pig Pen" ticket holders. Additional amenities include wide drink rail counters to allow for a more comfortable viewing and dining experience. Pig Pen tickets are $21 per person.
- The Hot Corner is located directly below the newly-redesigned Berks Foods Picnic Patio and provides a one-of-a-kind environment on the Field Level. The Hot Corner features 48 swivel-style seats across two rows directly in front of the Picnic Patio and includes great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service as well as drink rail counters, allowing for a more comfortable viewing and dining experience. Hot Corner tickets are $23 per person.
- The Bacon Strip is a bi-level seating area located along the right field wall and has been among the most desired seating inventory at Coca-Cola Park since debuting in 2013. The Bacon Strip, beyond right field's "home run alley", includes 75 bar stool seats in the first row and an additional 52 stadium seats on the second level. Both rows of seating include great amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service and the added comfort of drink rail counters for food and beverages. Bacon Strip tickets are $13 per person.
- The popular Oasis Islands are located immediately above the left field bullpens, are fully covered, feature a circular half-table with seating for four guests and in-seat service. Each island is priced at $60 per game (each island has seating for four guests). 28 reserved-seating stools with in-seat service and drink rails for food and beverage were recently added directly behind the islands. This seating option, which is fully covered, is priced at $13 per seat. Island mini plans are available today by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) or by visiting the Coca-Cola Park offices during normal business hours.
There is no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for IronPigs home games. Groups tickets are on sale now for gatherings of 20 or more and can be purchased by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Festivities to celebrate National Pig Day weekend are scheduled from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Sat., March 4, at Coca-Cola Park. The list of activities appears below:
- One (1) complimentary piece of chocolate-covered bacon for the first 500 ticket purchasers 18 and older.
- Get an up-close and personal look at the progress on Coca-Cola Park's brand-new videoboard, the largest HD videoboard in Minor League Baseball history.
- Full-Season Bacon, USA, Members Ticket Pick-Up (9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.): Enter through the West Gates (Coordinated Health Club Level entrance) to receive your 2017 IronPigs membership package. Pick-up will continue on Sun., March 5 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for full-season members.
- Pig Roast - Beginning at 9 a.m., fans can receive complimentary pork sandwiches while supplies last.
- Complimentary Hot Dogs, Coca-Cola products, Martin's Potato Chips and hot chocolate - Available from 9 a.m. to Noon or while supplies last.
- Live music (9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) - Featuring performances by Erin Kelly.
- Children's Activities (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) - The popular entertainer, "Tootsie the Clown" will be creating complimentary balloon animals from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Free face painting is also available.
- Appearances by IronPigs Mascots (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) - IronPigs mascots will be available for pictures from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and also milling around the festivities throughout the morning.
- Coordinated Health Club Level access - Stay warm and check out the view from Coca-Cola Park's climate-controlled lounge area.
- Special savings all day long on select items at the Majestic Clubhouse Store.
The Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, completely restocked with brand-new IronPigs merchandise for the 2017 season, will be open throughout National Pig Day weekend with extended hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sat., March 4 and 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Sun., March 5. The Majestic Clubhouse Store is open year-round from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mon. thru Sat. and from 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Coca-Cola Park's National Pig Day celebration is considered to be the largest Pig Day celebration of its kind in the world. National Pig Day was inspired by a Texas school teacher and has been recognized annually since 1972 - and by the IronPigs since their inception in 2008.
Coca-Cola Park has led Minor League Baseball in average attendance since 2008 as the IronPigs are the only Minor League club to surpass 600,000 in attendance for each of the last nine years. The 2017 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.