Select departments will be interviewing for seasonal positions including Food & Beverage, Ticketing, Housekeeping, Ushers, Grounds Crew and more. Opportunities to work indoor, outdoor, full time and part time will be available. These jobs include the opportunity to work the 70 IronPigs home baseball games as well as other special events taking place at the ballpark between April and September.
Lehigh Valley IronPigs Employment Opportunities
The IronPigs are looking for a number of employees to join our winning team in 2020. CLICK HERE to view and apply for part-time and gameday opportunities with MiLB's premier brand. Enjoy flexible scheduling, bonus opportunities, IronPigs merchandise discounts and more!
The Game Day Internship Program is designed for college students to explore careers in the sport industry while getting hands-on experience working with one of the most successful teams in Minor League Baseball. The IronPig's GDI Program will expose students to numerous game day roles and will allow students to learn from and work alongside IronPigs front office staff members. By experiencing multiple departments, the GDI Program is designed to assist students in choosing which specific direction in which they may be interested.
The GDI program will begin in April and will conclude in September. Interns are expected to be present for all IronPigs' games they are scheduled for. Although interns will not be scheduled to work 100% of the games, we are looking for qualified candidates that have open availability. We acknowledge that most colleges and universities do not end the school semester until May. The GDI Program is able to work with individuals that are still attending classes at that time.
Game day report time is approximately 3 hours prior to first pitch (4 p.m. for a standard 7:05 p.m. game). GDI's will be dismissed shortly after the game ends when all responsibilities are finished.
Game Day Interns are able to earn college credit.
- Assist in general game day setup including; giveaways, programs and sponsor tables
- Handle customer service inquires at front desk
- Assist promo crew with on-field entertainment and escorting mascots
- Lead Launch-A-Ball promotion sales throughout games
- Manage a food & beverage portable stand
- Assist the catering department with suites and hospitality areas
- Sell IronPigs merchandise throughout ballpark
- Assist promo crew in handing out giveaways and exit distributions
- Opportunity to volunteer for special projects (Baseball camps, ballpark events, etc.)
- Other responsibilities related to game day operations as assigned by IronPigs Front Office members
Students participating in the GDI Program will be exposed to a professional working experience and will gain valuable information in the following categories:
- Hands-on sales experience
- The Importance of event logistics and timing
- Executing marketing promotions
- Providing customer Service & problem solving
- Working as a team to reach a goal
- Networking with professional staff
- $25 per game - no housing provided
We will be collecting resumes through February 14th and all candidates will be contacted regarding the next step in the hiring process shortly thereafter. For questions, please contact Nick DiChristofaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.