Two of the Lehigh Valley's most recognizable brands - the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Musikfest - have once again teamed up as the IronPigs will don commemorative Musikfest-inspired on-field caps for their upcoming home game on Thursday, July 27 at 7:05 p.m. as part of 'Festers Night, presented by Yuengling.
'Festers Night at Coca-Cola Park on Thursday, July 27 against the Gwinnett Braves serves as the unofficial opening of Musikfest 2017, with many exciting promotions and specials planned, including:
- An extended pre-game Happy Hour from 5-7 p.m. with $2 domestic drafts and $1 hot dogs and live music from Ethan Cramer.
- The chance to win tickets to 2017 Musikfest concerts throughout the game.
- The opportunity to bid on your favorite player's Musikfest-inspired on-field cap with proceeds benefitting both IronPigs Charities and Musikfest.
- The opportunity to purchase 2017 Musikfest beverage mugs! The 24-ounce mug features the vibrant official Musikfest artwork and during this game only, fans can get drink refills at a special price of $3 domestic ($4 premium) during Happy Hour and $7.50 domestic ($8 premium) once Happy Hour has concluded.
- The opportunity to purchase the specialty Musikfest-inspired on-field New Era 59Fifty cap from the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park.
The 'Festers specialty on-field cap features the bright, vibrant colors of Musikfest as well as the popular IronPigs logo decked in headphones, similar to other popular Musikfest marks.
Musikfest - which has taken place annually in Bethlehem since its debut in 1984 -- is the nation's largest free music festival. The 10-day event, which begins this year on Friday, August 5, welcomes tens of thousands of visitors to the region each year for hundreds of shows and acts with previous headliners including Carrie Underwood, Hootie & the Blowfish, Steve Miller Band, Maroon 5, the Dixie Chicks and many more. This year's exciting lineup includes Santana, Chicago, Toby Keith, The Band Perry among others as well as hundreds of free shows on 14 different stages. For more information on this year's festival, visit Musikfest.org.
Musikfest's organizer ArtsQuest is a non-profit organization dedicated to presenting music, arts, festivals, cultural experiences and educational and outreach programs that aid in economic development, urban revitalization and community enrichment. Meanwhile, IronPigs Charities is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing recreational and education opportunities to Lehigh Valley youth that has donated more than $1-million in cash grants since its 2008 inception.
The specialty 2017 on-field 'Festers cap is on sale now at Coca-Cola Park and online at ironpigs.milbstore.com. The Majestic Clubhouse Store is open daily (Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.) and is the official retail store of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (and 'Festers).
Tickets to 'Festers Night presented by Yuengling on Thursday, July 27 at 7:05 p.m. against the Gwinnett Braves can be purchased in-person at Coca-Cola Park (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) or online at ironpigsbaseball.com/tickets. The 2017 IronPigs baseball season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.