The IronPigs are seeking part-time 50/50 drawing sellers for the 2014 season. Interested parties are encouraged to send a resume and employment application to email@example.com or call (610) 841-1213. Applications are also being accepted in-person at Coca-Cola Park during normal business hours.
THE ROLE: IronPigs Charities (IPC) serves as the fundraising arm of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs organization, a AAA minor league affiliate of the Philadephia Phillies. IPC serves Lehigh and Northampton Counties of the Greater Lehigh Valley and awards grants to a variety of charitable organizations each year through an annual campaign, raising dollars for groups who provide education and recreational opportunities for local youth.
The IronPigs family - from the players, coaches and their wives, to the ball girls and front office staff - consider it a privilege and a pleasure to give back to the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Part-time position of the IPC. 50/50 Ticket Seller will be interacting with IronPigs fans, with the ultimate goal of selling 50/50 tickets. Fans purchase 50/50 drawing tickets from the part-time raffle ticket sellers inside Coca-Cola Park, from when the gates open through to the end of the 7th inning. 50/50 Ticket Sellers are expected to:
- Attend all or most of the IronPigs home games at Coca-Cola Park, assisting with the execution of the 50/50 Drawing.
- Spread awareness of the 50/50 Drawing and IronPigs Charities (IPC).
- Sell 50/50 tickets to fans while stationed at an IronPigs 50/50 kiosk or by roaming in a designated area of the ballpark using a handheld device and mobile printer.
- Sellers are expected to have an outgoing personality to encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets.
- Sellers should have knowledge of the club's charitable work and the programs that are supported by IPC.
- Sellers must be an ambassador of the IronPigs and a customer/guest service representative during games, answering fans' questions when they arise.
- Handle large amounts of money and electronic transactions and will be responsible and accountable for all cash sales, as all units must be reconciled correctly throughout the game.
- Must be at Coca-Cola Park at least 30 minutes prior to gates opening.
- All raffle sellers will be provided with an IronPigs shirt and a 50/50 drawing apron to wear while working.
- Attend evening games, weekends, and holidays as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The sellers will take an active role in a fundraising program that takes place during all IronPigs home games at Coca-Cola Park. All sellers will be trained to use the 50/50 Poinstreak software, learn the cash reconciliation process, along with general knowledge and frequently asked questions about Coca-Cola Park. Game day staff must demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills. Familiarity with sales and customer service a plus. Sellers need to work well independently, as well as part of the team. Sellers need to be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. They must also:
- Be prompt and arrive to shift on time.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be well spoken and a strong representative for IronPigs Charities (IPC).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed outdoors, as sellers will have "game day" responsibilities where they will be exposed to the current weather conditions.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.