Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (1:30)
- With the Arizona Fall League regular season wrapping up Thursday and the Championship Game coming Saturday, Tyler and Sam lay out the leading candidates for AFL MVP.
- Toolshed Stats began a series on Minor League park factors this week, starting at the Triple-A level, and Sam reveals his most interesting findings.
- Free agency isn't just limited to the big league names bandied about during the offseason. With that in mind, Tyler and Sam cover some of their favorite Minor League free agents looking for new landing spots.
Spin Williams interview (23:53)
- Nationals senior advisor of player development Donald "Spin" Williams joins the podcast after being named the recipient of the 2016 Mike Coolbaugh Award, given to "an individual who has shown outstanding baseball work ethic, knowledge of the game and skill in mentoring young players on the field." Williams discusses what the award means to him, how he got to his current role with Washington and what Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez need to do to get over the hump in the Majors.
New Orleans Baby Cakes discussion (43:30)
- The biggest news in Minor League Baseball this week came from New Orleans, where the Marlins' Triple-A affiliate officially announced it was dropping the Zephyrs moniker and becoming the Baby Cakes. With Ben on vacation, Tyler and Sam bring you up to speed on the changes in the Crescent City.
Wrapping up (55:27)