SAN FRANCISCO and ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- With the 2016 Minor League Baseball regular season now complete, Minor League Baseball (MiLB) and Esurance today announced the winners of the first annual Esurance Home Field Advantage Award. The award honors the communities who best supported their hometown Minor League Baseball teams this season.
One Minor League Baseball team in each of the 14 leagues has been named the Esurance Home Field Advantage Award winner based on the highest percentage capacity of the ballpark during the 2016 season. The winning teams, who will be honored at the 2016 Baseball Winter Meetings™ in National Harbor, Maryland, this December, are as follows:
- Charlotte Knights (International League)
- El Paso Chihuahuas (Pacific Coast League)
- Trenton Thunder (Eastern League)
- Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Southern League)
- Corpus Christi Hooks (Texas League)
- Visalia Rawhide (California League)
- Frederick Keys (Carolina League)
- Daytona Tortugas (Florida State League)
- Dayton Dragons (Midwest League)
- Greenville Drive (South Atlantic League)
- Hudson Valley Renegades (New York-Penn League)
- Vancouver Canadians (Northwest League)
- Pulaski Yankees (Appalachian League)
- Billings Mustangs (Pioneer League)
In this friendly competition among leagues, fans came out in record numbers to support their communities and local Minor League Baseball teams. Each winning team will host a ballpark celebration for its fans at the start of the 2017 season.
"With their undying passion and dedication, we know fans are the heart of baseball and we're excited to recognize them for providing the best home-like environment for their local teams," said Cyndie Beckwith, Vice President, Marketing for Esurance. "Congratulations to the winners and thank you for your hometown team support!"
"Minor League Baseball fans are some of the most dedicated and passionate in all of sports, and when asked to come out and support their hometown teams, that's exactly what they did," said David Wright, Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer for Minor League Baseball. "Fan support is a crucial part of a team's success, and this award recognizes their commitment."
In June, Esurance and Minor League Baseball announced a strategic multi-year partnership making it the exclusive home and auto insurance partner of Minor League Baseball. To learn more about Esurance's Call-Up Worthy campaign with Minor League Baseball, visit www.MiLB.com/CallUpWorthy.