BILLINGS, MT - Mustangs second baseman Billy Hamilton and starting pitcher Tanner Robles have been named to the 2010 Pioneer League All-Star Team.
Catcher Tucker Barnhart and manager Delino DeShields earned Honorable Mention.
Hamiltion has led the league in stolen bases and triples for much of the season. He broke Gary Redus' record for stolen bases in a season. Redus' 42 stolen bases in 1978 was the Billings club record. Hamiltion had stolen 48 bags with two games left in the regular season.
Left-hander Tanner Robles (3-3) allowed six earned runs over 44 innings (1.23 ERA) in his final nine starts. In that span, he struck out 50 batters and walked 12. Robles leads PL starters with a .187 opposing batting average and ranks second in ERA (2.98) and strikeouts per nine inning ratio, with 9.9.
The full 2010 Pioneer League All-Star team is:
- Catcher - Mike Blanke - Great Falls Voyagers
- First Base - Cody Hawn - Helena Brewers
- Second Base - Billy Hamilton - Billings Mustangs
- Third Base - Andy Wilkins - Great Falls Voyagers
- Shortstop - Jake Lemmerman -Ogden Raptors
- Outfield - Adam Eaton - Missoula Osprey
- Outfield - Corey Dickerson - Casper Ghosts
- Outfield - Rafael Ortega - Casper Ghosts
- Designated Hitter - Murray Watts - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Pitcher - Matt Miller - Helena Brewers
- Pitcher - Shawn Tolleson - Ogden Raptors
- Pitcher - Red Patterson - Ogden Raptors
- Pitcher - Albert Campos - Casper Ghosts
- Pitcher - Tanner Robles - Billings Mustangs
- Managers - Joe Ayrault - Helena Brewers and Chris Cron - Great Falls Voyagers
- Most Valuable Player: Jake Lemmerman - Ogden Raptors
- Pitcher of the Year: Albert Campos - Casper Ghosts
All-Star Honorable Mention: Billings: Tucker Barnhart, Delino DeShields; Casper; Brett Tanos, Tyler Gagnon, Tony Diaz; Great Falls: David Holmberg, Paul Burnside, Steven Upchurch, Addison Reed; Helena: Greg Hopkins, Shea Vucinich, Carlos George, Brian Garman; Missoula: Bobby Stone; Ogden: Michael Pericht, Blake Dean, Mick Akins, Leon Landry, Greg Wilborn; Orem: Brandon Decker, Wes Hatton, Travis Witherspoon, Andrew Heid, Daniel Tillman, Tom Kotchman.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.