Innovative one-of-a-kind promotions – including bobbleheads of new IronPigs Manager Ryne Sandberg, legendary Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas and Phillies top prospect Domonic Brown – highlight the IronPigs preliminary promotional schedule and weekly specials for the 2011 season. The 72-game home slate once again includes the Friday Night Fireworks Series as part of 16 total fireworks experiences; an overabundance of unique giveaway and theme nights; and appearances by the world-famous Phillie Phanatic and other high-profile live entertainment acts. Additionally, the IronPigs will continue to add and announce additional promotions prior to Opening Day.
“It’s an incredible feeling to witness a promotional calendar of this magnitude come to fruition,” exclaimed IronPigs General Manager Kurt Landes. “From Day One our goal was to reward our season ticket holders and loyal fans with novel and inventive promotions and giveaways that can’t be found anywhere else. Bar none, this is the best promotional schedule in Minor League Baseball!”
The 2011 season begins on Thursday, April 7, against the rival Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees with one of the IronPigs most-anticipated giveaways of all-time, the first-ever Coca-Cola Park Stadium Replica. The season opening celebrations continue throughout the weekend with Friday Night Fireworks (Friday, April 8), an appearance by the World Famous Phillie Phanatic (Saturday, April 9 and a Pork Racer Fleece Blanket giveaway (Sunday, April 10) that will coincide with the fourth annual “Bark in the Park” promotion. An additional “Bark in the Park” is scheduled for Monday, June 13, and features an IronPigs bandana giveaway for the first 3,500 fans.
A staple of IronPigs baseball since 2008, Friday Night Fireworks returns in 2011 and will follow every Friday night home game all season long. The IronPigs will celebrate Independence Day with back-to-back fireworks displays including a 3-D fireworks extravaganza on July 3. Another notable show is slated for Saturday, Sept. 3, following the final regular season game of the year and all of the other Fan Appreciation Day activities.
The IronPigs will give away a franchise-record five bobbleheads in 2011, beginning Tuesday, April 26, with a keepsake of baseball Hall of Famer and new IronPigs manager, Ryne Sandberg. Other bobbleheads include Phillies legendary broadcaster Harry Kalas (May 16) and Phillies top prospect and former IronPigs OF Domonic Brown (June 27). Staying true to the club’s goal of remaining as one of the most inventive teams in Minor League Baseball, the IronPigs will unveil a Dancing Dirt Dudes “Chia” bobblehead on Monday, May 2. The final bobblehead giveaway of the season is slated for Tuesday, July 26 and will be announced at a later date.
Theme Nights make their anticipated return and include Irish Heritage Night (April 20), Heroes Nights (April 7 and April 28), Dance Team Nights (April 19 and May 2), Faith Nights (May 14, June 23 and July 26) and Football Night (August 31) among others.
Several first-time giveaway items are scheduled for the 2011 season, such as a FeRROUS Replica Van giveaway (April 18), Bethlehem Steel Skyline Cap giveaway (April 28) in tribute to the area’s rich industrial history, IronPigs Oven Mitts (May 1), IronPigs Sweatbands (June 8), a FeRROUS Bobblehead Picture Frame (June 14), an IronPigs Beach Bag on the first day of summer (June 21), a FeRROUS and FeFe “Back to School” 3-Ring Binder (July 27) and a FeRROUS & FeFe Bank (Aug.14). Also new for 2011 is a Pink Jersey Purse Giveaway in celebration of Mother’s Day (May 15) and a Fan Vote T-shirt Giveaway on Sunday, August 28.
A number of other great promotional keepsakes are slated for the upcoming season, including an IronPigs Adult Cap Giveaway (April 19), Reusable Grocery Bags (April 21), IronPigs Youth Caps (May 22), Team Photo Giveaway and Autograph Session (June 7), an IronPigs Golf Visor in recognition of a belated Father’s Day (June 20), 2012 Magnet Schedules (August 29) and a high-quality 2012 Wall Calendar (August 30).
In addition to a pair of appearances by the Phillie Phanatic, the Team Ghost Riders and the Cowboy Monkey Rodeo will make their first-ever Coca-Cola Park appearance on Saturday, July 30. This incredibly unique act has been featured on America's Funniest Home Videos as well as in Sports Illustrated. More information on this one-of-a-kind act is available at www.teamghostriders.com.
Also returning in 2011 is “Battlefield Challenge” – recently voted Minor League Baseball’s best in-game promotion. During all home games from June 7 through June 14, the actual playing field at Coca-Cola Park will be divided into six battle zones which the IronPigs and their opponent will try to gain control of in an effort to conquer the entire playing surface. If Lehigh Valley controlled all six zones at any point, all fans in attendance will be rewarded with a sizeable discount on all food and non-alcoholic beverages available at all concessions stands.
Regular starting times remain identical with 2010 as Saturday starting times remain at 6:35 p.m. Monday through Friday games remain predominately scheduled for 7:05 p.m. The only exceptions are for Education Day #1 on April 12 (10:35 a.m.), Education Day #2 on May 3 (10:35 a.m.), Education Day #3 on May 24 (10:35 a.m.) and Camp Day on July 28 (11:05 a.m.). Sunday games are scheduled for 1:35 p.m. through June 26, 6:35 p.m. for July 3 and 5:35 p.m. from July 24 until the end of the regular season.
Single-game tickets for the 2011 season go on sale during the club’s annual National Pig Day festivities at Coca-Cola Park on Saturday, February 26 at 9 a.m. Single-game tickets can also be purchased at ironpigsbaseball.com or by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447) beginning on Feb. 26.
To renew or order season tickets and mini plans for the 2011 IronPigs season presented by Capital BlueCross, call (610) 841-PIGS or visit Coca-Cola Park’s ticket office during normal business hours. The Lehigh Valley IronPigs are dedicated to providing family-friendly entertainment and are the only Minor League team to offer bubbles to fans entering the AT&T Plaza and balloons for all children exiting Coca-Cola Park.
The preliminary promotional schedule (subject to change) is listed below.
- Tuesdays: TD Bank Ballpark Bingo.
- Thursdays: Ladies Night presented by Mezza Luna featuring discounts and giveaways!
- Fridays: Friday Night Fireworks.
- Saturdays: Shake, Rattle & Pork Roll Happy Hour Concert Series (4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) featuring food and drink specials in the AT&T Plaza.
- Sundays: Tootsee the Clown and Friends appearance featuring three hours of free balloon animals for kids! Also post-game, Kids Run the Bases presented by Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- April 7 (7:05 pm) – Coca-Cola Park Stadium Replica giveaway, Service Electric Cable TV & Communications (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Heroes Night #1
- April 8 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks
- April 9 (6:35 pm) – 2011 Magnet Schedule giveaway (First 5,000 fans) / World Famous Phillie Phanatic appearance
- April 10 (1:35 pm) – Dog Day # 1 (Bring Your Dog to the Park) / Pork Racer Fleece Blanket giveaway, Nestle Purina PetCare Mighty Dog (First 2,000 youth 17 and under and Dog Owners)
- April 11 (7:05 p.m.) – Karate Night
- April 12 (10:35 am) – Education Day #1
- April 18 (7:05 pm) – FeRROUS Replica Van giveaway, ServiceMark (First 2,000 youth 17 and under)
- April 19 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Adult Cap giveaway, Harvey Building Products (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Dance Team Night #1
- April 21 (7:05 pm) – Reusable Grocery Bag giveaway, PPL EnergyPlus (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Carbon Neutral Gas Night
- April 26 (7:05 pm) – Ryne Sandberg Bobblehead giveaway, Coca-Cola (First 3,000 adults 18 and over)/ Karate Night
- April 28 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Bethlehem Steel Skyline Cap giveaway, TD Bank (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Heroes Night #2
- April 29 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks
- April 30 (6:35 p.m.) – College Dance Team Night
- May 1 (1:35 pm) – IronPigs Oven Mitts giveaway, National MS Society (First 3,000 adults 18 and over)
- May 2 (7:05 pm) – Dancing Dirt Dudes “Chia” Bobblehead giveaway (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Dance Team Night #2
- May 3 (10:35 am) – Education Day #2 presented by Lehigh Valley Health Network
- May 13 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by Coors Light
- May 14 (6:35 pm) – Faith Night
- May 15 (1:35 pm) – Pink Jersey Purse giveaway (First 2,000 women 18 and older) / Red Hatter Day
- May 16 (7:05 pm) – Harry Kalas Bobblehead giveaway (First 3,000 adults 18 and over) / Harry Kalas Tribute Night
- May 22 (1:35 pm) – IronPigs Youth Cap giveaway, Capital BlueCross (First 2,000 youth 17 and under) / 4-H Agricultural Night
- May 24 (10:35 am) – Education Day #3 presented by Lehigh Valley Health Network
- May 27 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks
- May 28 (6:35 pm) – Fireworks
- June 7 (7:05 pm) – Team Photo giveaway & Autograph Session, People First Federal Credit Union / (First 3,500 fans) / Battlefield Challenge Begins
- June 8 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Wristbands giveaway, AAA – East Penn (2,000 youth 17 and under) / Safety Patrol Night
- June 9 (7:05 p.m.) – Health Fair Night presented by Lehigh Valley Health Network
- June 10 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by The Crayola Factory
- June 13 (7:05 pm) – Dog Day # 2 (Bring Your Dog to the Park) / IronPigs Bandana giveaway, Nestle Purina PetCare ALPO (First 3,500 fans)
- June 14 (7:05 pm) – FeRROUS Bobblehead Picture Frame giveaway, Air Products (First 2,000 youth 17 and under) / Battlefield Challenge Ends
- June 20 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Fathers Day Golf Visor giveaway, Lutron (First 2,000 men 18 and over)
- June 21 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Beach Bag giveaway, Phoebe Ministries (First 3,000 adults 18 and over)
- June 22 (7:05 pm) – World Famous Phillie Phanatic Appearance
- June 23 (7:05 pm) – Faith Night
- June 24 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by TD Bank / Girl Scouts Sleepover
- June 27 (7:05 pm) – Domonic Brown Bobblehead giveaway, Nacci Printing (First 3,000 adults 18 and over)
- July 2 (6:35 pm) – Fireworks presented by Coors Light
- July 3 (6:35 pm) – 3-D Fireworks presented by AT&T (3-D glasses for first 7,000 fans)
- July 14 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs Rally Towels (First 5,000 fans) / “White Out” Night
- July 15 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by Pennsylvania Lottery / Boy Scouts Sleepover
- July 22 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks
- July 24 (5:35 pm) – IronPigs Replica Jersey, Coca-Cola (First 2,000 youth 17 and under)
- July 26 (7:05 pm) – TBA Bobblehead giveaway, Lehigh Valley Health Network (First 3,000 adults 18 and over)
- July 27 (7:05 pm) – FeRROUS & FeFe “Back to School” 3-Ring Binder giveaway, The Morning Call (First 2,000 youth 17 and under)
- July 28 (11:05 am) – Camp Day
- July 29 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by Greenstar Recycling
- July 30 (6:35 pm) – Cowboy Monkey Rodeo performance by Team Ghost Riders (For more info visit www.teamghostriders.com)
- August 12 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks presented by Phoebe Ministries
- August 13 (6:35 pm) – Fireworks
- August 14 (5:35 pm) – FeRROUS & FeFe Baseball Bank giveaway, Toyota (First 2,000 youth 17 and under)
- August 15 (7:05 pm) – IronPigs “Man Cave” giveaway
- August 28 (5:35 pm) – Fan Vote T-Shirt giveaway, Capital BlueCross (First 2,000 youth 17 and under)
- August 29 (7:05 pm) – 2012 Magnet Schedule giveaway, Sacred Heart Hospital (First 5,000 fans)
- August 30 (7:05 pm) – 2012 Wall Calendar, Nacci Printing (First 7,000 adults 18 and over)
- August 31 (7:05 pm) – Football Night
- September 2 (7:05 pm) – Friday Night Fireworks
- September 3 (6:35 pm) – Fireworks / Fan Appreciation Night
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.