The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are pleased to welcome fans back into PNC Field this season. Most areas of operations at PNC Field have had policies and procedures updated in accordance with state, CDC and Major League Baseball guidelines.
Ticketing and Seating
Tickets to RailRiders games this season will now be digital. This helps eliminate contact points for fans and employees, increasing safety as your enter PNC Field.
Due to state and CDC guidelines, capacity will be limited through the end of May at PNC Field . The RailRiders will incorporate “pod” seating within the ballpark and tickets will be limited based on social distancing guidelines and procedures. Seats in the vicinity of each “pod” will be zip-tied to prevent use and to assist in maintaining proper distancing.
A special “pod seating” section will remain in place for fans wishing to maintain safe social distancing. Masking will be required in this section.
Single-game tickets are available now online only at swbrailriders.com.
Ballpark re-entry is now permitted due to changes in CDC and state guidelines.
(Beginning May 25)
- Vaccinated fans do not need to wear a mask unless they choose to do so.
- Unvaccinated fans must continue to mask at all times.
Cashless Points of Sale
PNC Field will be a fully cashless facility in 2021. This includes all aspects of operation at the ballpark, including parking, ticketing, the SWB Station Team Store and the concession stands and bars. Venues around the country have gone cashless during the pandemic, including nearby ballparks and arenas in Pennsylvania, which has helped minimize health risks by limiting contact. A cashless ballpark should also help minimize wait times. PNC Field will accept credit and debit cards. Additional forms of cashless payment will be available as upgrades are made at each point of sale this season.
Clear bags will be permitted in 2021. In addition, fans may only bring medical bags, diaper bags or small wristlets into the ballpark this season.
When fans head to the concession stands, they will notice social distancing markers to help keep everyone safe while waiting in line. All concession employees will be required to wear protective gloves and face coverings. Condiments and similar items will be served using pre-packaged servings as opposed to communal displays.
Every other urinal will be closed to ensure social distancing. Exterior doors will be propped open to encourage touchless entry/exit. Automatic towel and soap dispensers have also been installed to provide touchless distribution. Restrooms will be cleaned approximately every 30 minutes by PNC Field cleaning staff.
PNC Field is a smoke-free facility. Designated smoking areas are available at various points around the ballpark.
Due to MLB, CDC and state distancing guidelines, players will not be signing autographs.
SWB Station Team Store
Capacity inside the team store will be limited to a maximum of 20 guests at a time. The team store footprint will be expanded to the outdoor concourse to allow for social distancing.
Additional Protocols and Procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will be put in place throughout the ballpark during the 2021 season.
- Water fountains will be disabled for health precautions.
- The elevators to the Geisinger Champions Club and suites will be used with limited occupancy. A ticketed group in the same seating pod or suite will be permitted to ride together according to the elevator occupancy limit. PNC Field Gameday Staff will disinfect elevator buttons before each use.
- Public address announcements will be made throughout the game to encourage social distancing and to remind fans of the face-covering requirements.
- Social distancing guidelines will begin as you enter PNC Field and remain prevalent for the duration of your time at the ballpark. There will be stanchions that will separate and social distance each entrance.
-All full-time and game day staff will have their temperature checked during their arrival as well as fill out a COVID-19 Survey. Any staff member exhibiting a temperature above 100.4F or responding to the survey in a way that indicates possible infection will not be permitted into PNC Field.
#### Additional changes or protocol updates may be required as the season progresses due to MLB, CDC and state guidelines or restrictions.