The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are committed to creating a family-friendly and welcoming environment at the ballpark for all guests. As part of that commitment, we have adopted this written policy addressing fan behavior. The policy includes a Fan Code of Conduct, which is fan-facing and describes how fans are expected to behave.
A copy of the Fan Code of Conduct can be found at the Guest Services window located in the Geisinger Plaza, on www.swbrailriders.com, and the GuideRail, our official game program.
Fans will be notified before and during the game through public service announcements (“PSAs”) on the main video board that summarizes the Fan Code of Conduct, the penalties for violation, and how to report prohibited behavior.
Reporting An Incident
Any game-day staff member who witnesses or receives a report of prohibited fan behavior by a fan must report the incident to a Club Supervisor. This can be done by contacting your immediate supervisor, notifying a nearby Moosic Police Officer, a RailRiders Full Time Staff member or alerting Guest Services.
Use of derogatory language by a fan toward a player, umpire, Club staff or their family members must be documented by the Club and reported to the Club’s General Manager and to the Commissioner’s Office via email to [email protected]. Clubs must seek to collect the name and identifying information of the fan and must include in their report a description of how the Club addressed the incident and any planned discipline.
Fan Code of Conduct
In order to provide a welcoming experience for all, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders has implemented a Fan Code of Conduct. Out of respect for fellow guests, players, coaches, and ballpark staff, all guests are prohibited from:
- Trespassing on the playing field at any time;
- Interfering with baseballs that are in play;
- Throwing or tossing objects;
- Bringing in bags and backpacks that are not clear in color and larger than 16 x 16 x 9, unless it is a diaper or medical bag that is searched prior to entry at gate security;
- Using foul, obscene or derogatory language (see below) or gestures;
- Misusing or overconsuming alcohol, including, underage consumption;
- The use of illegal drugs or breaking any other PA State Laws;
- Smoking or vaping except in designated areas outside of the ballpark;
- Behaving in a manner that is disruptive, unruly, or abusive;
- Accessing areas of the ballpark without a proper ticket, pass, or credential;
- Misusing tickets, passes, or credentials in any way; or
- Bringing prohibited items into the ballpark. These items include but are not limited to: umbrellas with a pointed end, lawn chairs, firearms, knives, mace or weapons of any kind, alcohol, illegal drugs, food, drinks, glass, metal cans, coolers or air horns, pets, except service animals with proper vest and during specific events that are designated by the Team as pet friendly, rollerblades, roller skates, wheeled shoes, skateboards, bicycles or scooters. A full list of prohibited items can be found on the Team’s website at www.swbrailriders.com.
Derogatory language is defined as offensive language concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin, and anyone using such language is subject to automatic ejection from the ballpark.
Photography is permitted at the discretion of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders management.
Violations of the Fan Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and may lead to ejection from the ballpark, a ban on attending future games or other consequences. Guests who are found to have used derogatory language will be ejected from the ballpark.
Guests are encouraged to report violations of the Fan Code of Conduct to the nearest ballpark staff member. This can also be done in person at Guest Services in the Geisinger Plaza, directly with Ballpark Security.
All SWB RailRiders staff, including game-day staff, must receive a copy of this policy before working any games. In addition, all staff must receive annual training on this policy, the substance of the Fan Code of Conduct and how to respond to prohibited fan behavior. All training will be documented.