COMSTOCK PARK, MI - Major League Spring Training begins this week and here in West Michigan, the Whitecaps are getting ready for baseball season as tickets for all 2017 Whitecaps games will go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.!
The Whitecaps' 24th season, and 21st as a Tigers affiliate, begins on Thursday, April 6 against the South Bend Cubs at 6:35 p.m. Ticket prices are $16.00 for premium box seats, $14.00 for box seats, $12.50 for reserved seats and $8.00 for lawn seats. Tickets for the popular Safeco 4Topps tables went on sale last week and are currently available. Tables of four are $110 and come with wait service.
In 2017, fans will see two new areas of Fifth Third Ballpark as the stadium continues to evolve to accommodate fans. The Canadian Lakes Landing is a new hospitality area along the left field line. This, more luxurious area, has soft seating, swivel chairs alongside the visitor's bullpen and can accommodate up to 120 people. Along the right field line the Meijer Hometown Playground has been expanded from 2,500 square feet to 6,400 square feet. The increased area will have a new playground set and several new inflatable games for children, keeping Fifth Third Ballpark fun for all ages.
Starting tomorrow fans will get the chance to experience the new Canadian Lakes Landing. This area, normally reserved for large groups, will be available for smaller groups or individual tickets for the five games listed below. Tickets are $28 each and come with an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Saturday, April 22 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 7 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 8 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 1 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 4 @ 1:00 p.m.
The 2017 promotions schedule is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in Whitecaps history!
Family Fare Fireworks are scheduled for 20 games including all Wednesday and Saturday games from June to September as well as selected other dates. In addition, Dime Hot Dog are back for three Tuesdays: May 23, June 27 and August 22.
Tiger Fridays return for the 9th season with appearances by former Detroit Tiger players every Friday beginning June 2 (seven dates). The 2017 Tiger Friday line-up features Jack Morris (June 2), Nate Robertson (June 9), Pat Sheridan (June 23), Dickie Noles (July 14), John Hiller (July 28), Eric Munson (August 11) and Chris Shelton (August 25). Each of those nights will include a Tigers giveaway item for the first 1,000 fans.
Other highly-anticipated dates on the 2017 schedule include:
- Thursday, April 6 - Opening Day with Alpine Hats to the first 1,200 fans presented by Fifth Third Bank
- Salute to Craft Beer - Friday, April 14 and Friday, May 5
- Friday, May 5 - Whitecaps / Detroit Tigers blanket giveaway to the first 1,000 fans
- Wednesday, May 17, Wednesday, May 24 and Tuesday, June 6 - School Days presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Saturday, June 3 - Armed Forces Night presented by Samaritas
- Tuesday, June 6 and Wednesday, June 7 - Peanut Free Games
- Saturday, June 24 - Star Wars Night
- Sunday, June 25 - Dog Day presented by Bissell
- Thursday, June 29 - Social Media Night presented by Milk Means More
- Thursday, July 13 - Sandlot Night with an appearance by "Squints"
- Saturday, July 15 - the return of Myron Noodleman
- Wednesday, July 26 - Power Rangers Night
- Thursday, July 27 - pregame concert with Carrollton
- Saturday, July 29 - The Human Cannonball will amaze the crowd
- Thursday, August 10 - U of M / MSU Rivalry Night
- Wednesday, August 23 - Princess Night presented by Milk Means More
- Thursday, August 24 - Stand Up to Cancer Night presented by Fifth Third Bank
Tickets for all 2017 games can be purchased by visiting www.whitecapsbaseball.com, by calling the Whitecaps front office at 616-784-4131, or in person at the Fifth Third Ballpark administrative offices (4500 West River Drive, Comstock Park; follow the signs for Administrative Offices) 10 a.m.
Discounted tickets for groups of 20 or more are on sale now, as are season ticket packages, including mini plans, partial season, flex books and full season plans. Complete ticket information, including season and group ticket prices and perks, as well as promotional schedule information and a PDF download of the 2017 schedule with game times, are available at www.whitecapsbaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.