Biloxi, MS - Visitors to MGM Park, home of the Biloxi Shuckers, will experience Ovations Food Services' Everything's Fresh™ approach when the ballpark opens this summer. The club selected nationally recognized Ovations Food Services, a subsidiary of the Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment firm Comcast-Spectacor, to oversee the day-to-day food and beverage operations.
"Part of the fan experience is to offer a first class menu and Ovations exceeds those expectations," said Shuckers General Manager, Buck Rogers.
Ovations Food Services' Everything's Fresh™ approach means dynamic, seasonal menus that keep fans engaged. Food is prepared and assembled right in front of guests with ingredients that are locally sourced whenever possible. This also means guests will never find pre-wrapped anything, everything is prepared and served fresh!
"Baseball and food are the perfect marriage and we hope to enhance the atmosphere at MGM Park by providing quality food, while including fresh local resources and specialties," added Mike Brulatour, Ovations General Manager for the Biloxi Shuckers. "We want our service to tie hand-in-hand with family entertainment and affordability, giving our fans something to be proud of while taking full advantage of all the gulf coast has to offer."
Fans will experience customized menus that reflect the regional flavors of the Mississippi Gulf Coast including:
- Aw Shucks Grill™ will feature Grilled Boudin, Grilled Cajun Sausage, Bayou Jambalaya, Chilled Peel 'N Eat Shrimp, and Garlic Butter Grilled Oysters.
- Pearl's Po Boys™ will serve an Aw Shucks Fried Oyster PoBoy, Big Shrimper PoBoy, and Cajun Sausage PoBoy.
- Beacon Burgers™ will serve fresh never frozen handmade grilled burgers including specialties such as a stuffed pimiento cheese burger.
- Barq's Biloxi Creamery™ will satisfy the sweet tooth with delicacies such as Biloxi's own Barq's Root Beer Float, soft serve ice cream served in Shucker's Helmets, and Cotton Candy.
- Biloxi Barbeque™ will offer a variety of BBQ favorites as well as feature Shuckers "soon to be famous" BBQ Nachos loaded with hickory smoked pulled pork, spicy cheese sauce, barbeque sauce and jalapeno peppers.
- Ballpark Classics™ will pay homage to fans favorite ballpark fare such as Grilled Hot Dogs, Grilled Brewers' Brat, Classic Nachos, Bottomless Popcorn, Cracker Jacks, Jumbo Hot Pretzels, and Salted Peanuts in the Shell.
Ovations will partner with many local companies to infuse regional flavors into menus - these include M&M Shrimp, Barq's Root Beer and Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company just to name a few.
About Ovations Food Services, LP: A nationally ranked food service company, Ovations Food Services (www.ovationsfoodservices.com) delivers fresh menus, fresh management and fresh ideas to public assembly venues, hotels and casinos throughout the United States and Canada. Ovations specializes in food, beverage, merchandise and hospitality services for stadiums, arenas, convention centers, fairgrounds, expo-centers, racetracks, zoos, performing arts centers, amphitheaters, casinos and hotels. Considered by many as the best managed and most innovative company in the industry, Ovations' results oriented senior management team has been involved in managing almost every major public assembly facility throughout the United States and Canada.
About Comcast Spectacor: Ovations Food Services' parent company, Comcast-Spectacor (comcast-spectacor.com), which operates in 48 of the 50 United States, is the Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment company which owns the Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), the home arena for both the Flyers and the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers, the Wells Fargo Center, and four Flyers Skate Zone community ice skating and hockey rinks. In addition, Comcast-Spectacor is also the principal owner of Global Spectrum, the fastest growing firm in the public assembly management field with more than 120 facilities throughout the United States and Canada; Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company; FanOne, a digital fan marketing company; and Paciolan, the leading provider of venue enablement, ticketing, fundraising and marketing technology solutions.
The Biloxi Shuckers are the Double-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and a member of the Southern League. For up-to-date news and notes throughout the offseason, visit biloxishuckers.com, follow the club on Twitter (@biloxishuckers), Instagram (@officialbiloxishuckers) or like the team on Facebook (facebook.com/biloxishuckers). Season ticket packages for the 2015 season are on-sale now by calling (228) 233-3465.