FRISCO, Texas (July 31, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders are taking a weekend-long walk down memory lane as part of an exciting homestand this Thursday-Sunday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Starting Friday, the Riders are hosting 15th Anniversary Celebration Weekend, a three-day stretch dedicated to reliving some of the best players, coaches and moments from the franchise's first 15 years. The Riders will play special video tributes all weekend, which honor great moments in franchise history, along with commemorating the players from the 15th Anniversary Dream Team.
15th Anniversary Celebration Weekend also includes a great giveaway each night. On Friday, the first 1,500 fans take home a special t-shirt commemorating the members of the 15th Anniversary Dream Team. Saturday, 1,500 lucky fans receive a "Mt. SLUGmore" bobblehead, immortalizing legendary Riders sluggers Joey Gallo, Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez and Ian Kinsler . Sunday, 2,000 fans take home a trading card set highlighting each member of the Dream Team.
Before 15th Anniversary Celebration Weekend begins, the Riders are hosting the BIGGEST party in North Texas: the Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard. For just $10, fans get access to $1 beers, a vast selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and a great social scene. Beat the heat and take the party to the cool waters of the Choctaw Lazy River for only $39. In addition to drink specials at the Party @ The Yard, Thirsty Thursday specials will be available throughout the park from 6-8 p.m., featuring $1 domestic beers, $2 crafts and $1 Dr Pepper products.
Here's a full breakdown of what to expect this homestand at Dr Pepper Ballpark:
Thursday, August 2 vs. Corpus Christi (Astros), 7:05 p.m.
* Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard: Experience the BIGGEST party in North Texas! For just $10, enjoy access to $1 beers, a wide selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and more (fans 21 & older only).
* Party @ The Yard in the Choctaw Lazy River: Beat the heat and experience the fun of Party @ The Yard from the cool waters of the world-famous Choctaw Lazy River for just $39!
* Thirsty Thursday: Sip away on $1 domestic draft beers, $2 craft and import beers and $1 Dr Pepper products from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Kids get a chance to run the same bases as the Riders after the game.
Friday, August 3 vs. Corpus Christi, 7:05 p.m.
* 15th Anniversary Dream Team t-shirt giveaway (first 1,500 fans)
* Fireworks Friday, presented by MP Orthodontics: Fans can watch a sparkling fireworks show from the field after the game.
Saturday, August 4 vs. Corpus Christi, 7:05 p.m.
* 15th Anniversary "Mt. SLUGmore" bobblehead (first 1,500 fans)
* Saturday Post-Game Party: Head to the Bull Moose Saloon for half-price drinks starting in the ninth inning and live music once the game is over.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters are off to the races with a chance to run the bases after the game.
Sunday, August 5 vs. Corpus Christi, 7:05 p.m.
* 15th Anniversary Dream Team card set (first 2,000 fans)
* Kids Sunday Funday: Kids and their families can participate in a free pregame catch on the field from 6:00-6:30 and enjoy $1 ice cream sandwiches from Mayfield Creamery all game long.
* Postgame fireworks, presented by James Hardie Building Products: Head down to the field after the game to watch a dazzling fireworks show.
* Riders on TV: Watch the game live on Fox Sports Southwest.
For tickets to these games and other remaining home games for the 2018 season, which runs through August 31, visit RidersBaseball.com, call (972) 731-9200 or visit the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.