FRISCO, Texas (August 13, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders return home Tuesday through Sunday for an exciting week of action at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
After the Riders host their annual Star Wars Night on Friday, the club celebrates the start of the new school year with Back to School Night on Saturday evening. As part of the festivities, Disney Channel star Peyton List, who played Emma Ross on the show Jessie, will join the fun at Dr Pepper Ballpark. She will be available for a public meet & greet and participate in other festivities throughout the night. Plus, the first 1,000 kids through the gates will receive a free Riders backpack, courtesy of Bluewood.
The giveaways continue Sunday, as the first 1,000 fans take home a free football as part of Fox Sports Southwest high school football days.
One of the week's highlights is another Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard Thursday night. For just $10, fans get access to the BIGGEST party in North Texas, which includes $1 beers, a vast selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and a great social scene. Beat the heat and take the party to the cool waters of the Choctaw Lazy River for only $39. In addition to drink specials at the Party @ The Yard, Thirsty Thursday specials will be available throughout the park from 6-8 p.m., featuring $1 domestic beers, $2 crafts and $1 Dr Pepper products.
As part of the six-game homestand, fans will also be treated to two sparkling postgame fireworks shows viewable from the field after the games on Friday and Sunday.
Here's a full breakdown of what to expect this homestand at Dr Pepper Ballpark:
Tuesday, August 14 vs. Arkansas (Mariners), 7:05 p.m.
* Taco Tuesday: Enjoy $2 tacos all night long, select $2 beers from 6-8 p.m. and half-price margaritas from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters can showcase their speed with a free postgame lap around the bags.
Wednesday, August 15 vs. Arkansas (Mariners), 7:05 p.m.
* Weiner Wednesday, presented by Texas Chili Company: Hot dogs are just $1 all night
* Kids Run The Bases: Kids get to take a jog around the bases once the game is over.
Thursday, August 16 vs. Arkansas (Mariners), 7:05 p.m.
* Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard: Experience the BIGGEST party in North Texas! For just $10, enjoy access to $1 beers, a wide selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and more (fans 21 & older only).
* Party @ The Yard in the Choctaw Lazy River: Beat the heat and experience the fun of Party @ The Yard from the cool waters of the world-famous Choctaw Lazy River for just $39!
* Thirsty Thursday: Sip away on $1 domestic draft beers, $2 craft and import beers and $1 Dr Pepper products from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Kids get a chance to run the same bases as the Riders after the game.
Friday, August 17 vs. NW Arkansas (Royals), 7:05 p.m.
* Star Wars Night: The Force will be strong with the Riders as they celebrate the well-known series of films with various in-game tributes and activities throughout the night.
* Fireworks Friday, presented by Bietsch Orthodontics: Fans can watch a sparkling fireworks show from the field after the game.
Saturday, August 18 vs. NW Arkansas (Royals), 7:05 p.m.
* Back to School Night, featuring Disney Channel's Peyton List: Gear up for the coming school year with an exciting night at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Peyton List, who played Emma Ross in the show Jessie, joins the evening's activities and will be available for a meet & greet during the game.
* Back to School backpack giveaway, presented by Bluewood (first 1,000 kids)
* Saturday Post-Game Party: Head to the Bull Moose Saloon for half-price drinks starting in the ninth inning and live music once the game is over.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters are off to the races with a chance to run the bases after the game.
Sunday, August 19 vs. NW Arkansas (Royals), 7:05 p.m.
* Kids Sunday Funday: Kids and their families can participate in a free pregame catch on the field from 6:00-6:30 and enjoy $1 ice cream sandwiches from Mayfield Creamery all game long.
* Fox Sports Southwest high school football days: Gear up for the coming season on the gridiron. Plus, the first 1,000 fans take home a free football.
* Postgame fireworks, presented by Gold Medal Pools: Head down to the field after the game to watch a dazzling fireworks show.
* Riders on TV: Watch the game live on Fox Sports Southwest.
For tickets to these games and the other seven remaining regular season games at Dr Pepper Ballpark August 25-31, visit RidersBaseball.com, call (972) 731-9200 or visit the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.