Employment Opportunities | Employment Application (PDF)
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - As the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp approach the spring of affordable family fun at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, they are building their team for a new era of Jacksonville baseball. The team has set two job fair dates for 2017 game day positions - Saturday, March 4, and Thursday, March 9, at the ballpark. Interested candidates may choose to attend either of the job fairs.
The job fairs will be Saturday, March 4, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Thursday, March 9, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, 301 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
Interested applicants need only attend one of the job fairs but should be prepared to interview at the job fair. Each applicant will be asked to complete an employment application. A downloadable copy of the application is available at www.jaxshrimp.com, and applicants may bring completed applications to the job fair. Candidates are encouraged to bring a resume and dress appropriately.
Parking for the event will be in Lot P, east of the stadium, and applicants may enter though the main stadium gates at the corner of A. Philip Randolph Blvd. and E. Adams St.
Open positions are for seasonal employment, including but not limited to 70 Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp baseball home games, additional stadium events and training. The ideal candidate is outgoing, enjoys being part of a team atmosphere, and is ready to have FUN while providing top-notch customer service.
The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are seeking candidates for the following positions:
- GAME DAY TICKET SELLER: One of the first points of guest interaction, the game day ticket seller will staff a ticket window at the box office approximately one hour before the gates open for that night's game and work until the majority of the crowd has been served, approximately an hour after the game begins. The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville utilizes the Glitnir ticketing system, and the game day ticket seller will work in an efficient manner to meet the fans' needs for ticket purchases, exchanges, and upgrades at the ticket window.
- KIDS ZONE ATTENDANT: The kids zone attendant will staff one of the multiple children's attractions at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. From the speed pitch to the giant inflatables to the carnival-style games, the attendant is responsible overseeing the safety of those in the area as well as ensuring everyone is having FUN. Arrival time would be approximately one hour before gates open and end time would be dependent on crowd size.
- MERCHANDISE STORE EMPLOYEE: From stocking and organizing the store prior to the gates opening on game day to assisting customers with their merchandise purchases, the employee will provide top-notch customer service while maintaining organization and attention to detail. Additionally, the merchandise employee may also be operating satellite merchandise kiosks, as well as hawking smaller items in the stands. Arrival time would be approximately a half hour before gates open, and end time would be dependent on crowd size but could be following the game on busier nights. Retail experience is a plus.
- PROMOTIONS TEAM: From helping select between-innings contest participants, to handing out giveaway items at the front gate, to selling charity launch-a-balls, to helping everyone sing along to 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame,' the promotions team members are high-energy, engaging ambassadors of FUN. Arrival time would be approximately a half hour before gates open and last until approximately a half hour following the game.
- FAN EXPERIENCE REPRESENTATIVES: The Jumbo Shrimp's most visible and helpful game day employee, the ideal Fan Experience Representative candidate is outgoing, knowledgeable about the ballpark and its rules and regulations, and enjoys interacting with people and having FUN. The Fan Experience Representatives will be located throughout the ballpark, including entry areas of the stadium. Fan Experience Representatives will also serve as friendly faces in many tasks including, assisting fans to their seats, answering any questions guests may have, inspection of bags brought into the ballpark by guests and other tasks as needed. These staff members will also direct entry and exit of guests through areas within the ballpark. Arrival time would be approximately a half hour before gates open, when they would wipe down and prepare their seating section, and last until at least the final out of the game, pending postgame activities.
- GAME DAY CLEAN TEAM: Team members will work throughout the game keeping the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville clean. Responsibilities will include keeping the main concourse tidy, responding to spill calls, emptying trash receptacles throughout the game, keeping restrooms clean and stocked with paper products and soap, and generally keeping the stadium presentable. Team members will generally arrive a half hour before the gates open and work through the end of the game, reporting to the stadium operations manager. Candidates may also be considered for non-game day work.
- BAT BOY: Collecting bats from the field is the part you have probably seen at a game, but there is more to the job of a bat boy - from filling water jugs before the game to getting the dugouts prepared, and any other duties as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager. All bat boys must be at least 16 years of age by Opening Day (April 12).
- ID CHECKER: Fans consuming alcohol at Jumbo Shrimp games must first stop by an ID Check station to have their age verified and receive a wrist band from an ID Checker. ID Checkers will arrive at the ballpark a half hour before the gates open, and end time will be - based on crowd size - no later than the seventh inning when alcohol sales end.
Pre-employment requirements include passing a background check and drug test. The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE JUMBO SHRIMP: With their home opener Wednesday, April 12, at 7:05 p.m., the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are beginning a new era of affordable family fun at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. With a new lineup of ticket and group options for 2017, there is a reason for everyone to get part of the action by calling the Jumbo Shrimp at (904) 358-2846 or visiting www.jaxshrimp.com.