Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. The podcast is also available via the Stitcher app. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (2:00)
- It was a big week in the Minors for Major League promotions with top-100 prospects Alex Bregman, Joey Gallo, David Dahl, Raul Mondesi and Braden Shipley all getting called up to the Show in the last week. Tyler and Sam discuss what each promotion means.
- There was also a major trade with the Cubs acquiring closer Aroldis Chapman for four players, including top Cubs prospect Gleyber Torres. The guys break down what the haul will do for the Yankees farm system.
- Using Sam's latest Toolshed as a guide, the cohosts close out the opening segment with a discussion of the 2015 trade deadline and how some of the prospect-laden deals now look one year later.
Anthony Contreras interview (26:30)
- The trade deadline season is always a busy one across the Minors, and that's been especially true of the Fort Wayne TinCaps, with the Padres' Class A afifliate adding both Chris Paddack and Anderson Espinoza to its rotation this summer. Manager Anthony Contreras joins the podcast to talk about the newest additions to an improving Padres system and what he has to do as a coach to get young prospects comfortable in a new place following a trade.
Ben's Biz Banter (40:00)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins the show for his weekly podcast segment to preview his upcoming West Coast road trip, close the book on his Appalachian League swing and discuss why everyone whiffed on guessing the winner of Lynchburg's new team name poll.
Wrapping up (54:55)