Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (3:30):
- Tyler and Sam talk about some of the things we learned during the 2015 Minor and Major League season, specifically how we will likely never see a rookie class like the one that sprung onto the scene this summer.
- Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant seems to be running away with the National League Rookie of the Year award, but Astros shortstop Carlos Correa and Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor are making it a tougher pick in the American League. The guys talk about what each budding star has going for himself in that race.
- Baseball America is releasing its top 20 prospects by league, so Tyler and Sam discuss who they're happy to see ranked highly on those lists and who could have perhaps been even higher.
Blake Snell interview (27:43)
- The Rays' No. 2 prospect broke onto the scene by leading the Minors with a 1.41 ERA while striking out 163 in 134 innings at Class A Advanced Charlotte, Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham. Snell calls into the pod to talk about his big year, how he's preparing for a crack at the Majors, how he's changed his diet and his goal of being a 2016 MLB All-Star.
Ben's Biz Banter (42:55)
- Benjamin Hill phones in from Columbus, Ohio, home of this year's Minor League Baseball Promotional Seminar, where front-office members from clubs across the country gather to talk about what worked from a promo standpoint in 2015 and what can be done better in 2016. Ben explains what it's like to sit in on these discussions and "group therapy sessions" for those who haven't worked in a Minor League front office before.
Wrapping Up (49:42)