NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nashville Sounds and Centerplate, the team's hospitality partner, have announced new food and beverage items to First Tennessee Park's 2018 season menu.
Pepsi has been named the official beverage provider of the Nashville Sounds. The change brings popular drinks such as Gatorade and Mountain Dew to the ballpark.
MillerCoors products will now be sold at The Band Box and a new portable beer stand will serve Leinenkugel's.
New food items on the general concourse menu includes a half-pound, footlong chili and cheese Eisenburg hot dog, and a pretzel-wrapped sausage infused with cheese. An expanded barbecue menu includes barbecue plates with pulled pork, pulled chicken, or baby back ribs served with Texas toast, Tennessee spicy slaw and house-made baked beans. Other new items include a Johnsonville bratwurst patty sandwich and Cheetos popcorn.
"We're constantly looking to re-evaluate our menu to provide fans with a wide array of options," said Centerplate Executive Chef Jerry Infantino. "This year's menu is unique to the Nashville Sounds and is one we know fans will enjoy."
ICEE returns to First Tennessee Park and is the perfect way for fans to cool off on a hot summer night. After being a specialty item in years past, Lemon Chills (frozen lemonade cups) is a permanent menu item. King of Pops will be a fixture at First Tennessee Park in 2018. The popsicle stand sells sweet, creamy popsicles as well as fruity ones.
The suite level menu features the following new items:
- Street Tacos - slow-cooked pork or steak served with diced yellow onion, chopped cilantro, and fresh lime
- Sliders - Portobello mushroom and goat cheese on a pretzel roll
- Tuna Poke Shooters - marinated fresh yellow-fin tuna with avocado and sriracha mayo
- Prime Rib Taco - soft tortilla served with queso, lettuce, local tomatoes, sour cream, and sliced jalapeños
- Bavarian Style Pretzel Sticks - warm pretzel sticks served with whole grain mustard and a choice of Big Russ' Original, Smokey Bacon or Habanero premium beer cheese
- Crispy Fried Onion Rings - with barbecue and honey mustard
- Hot Dog/Burger Combo - expanded to include a corn dog
- Mama Turney's Famous Pies - pecan and chocolate pies are now available in full size, 10" pies in addition to the mini sampler that was made available on the suite level in 2017
- Made-to-Order Cookie Cakes - fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie cake
The Band Box will showcase the following new menu items:
- Chicken Sandwich - Southern style fried chicken with brown mustard and pickled green tomato
- "Tot-chos" - the famous Band Box Nachos with smoked chicken, jalapeno queso, sweet corn pico de gallo, and cilantro crema served over tater tots; original Band Box nachos will remain available
- Band Box Salad - fresh kale, dried cherries, goat cheese, candied pecans, and red wine vinaigrette
- House-made Hot Chicken Sausage - smash patty, toasted potato roll, Pop's pickles and hot chicken ranch
The 2018 season will be the Sounds' 41st in franchise history and fourth as the Oakland Athletics' top affiliate. Opening Day is set for Thursday, April 5 when the Sounds begin the season in New Orleans. Opening Night at First Tennessee Park is scheduled for Tuesday, April 10 when the Sounds host the Iowa Cubs at 6:35 p.m. Season ticket memberships are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.