SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- What's new for 2018 at Hammons Field? Plenty! With Opening Day fast approaching on Thursday, April 12, the Springfield Cardinals are excited to announce new concessions, promotions and stadium enhancements that have 2018 primed to be one of the best for fans in the history of the Springfield Cardinals.
The Cardinals are delivering a revamped Concessions Scene for 2018, including the addition of The Original Chicken Sandwich in the Chick-fil-A Corner, a new Hiland Dairy Cardinals Creamery, three new unique menu items perfect for the ever-expanding Minor League Baseball foodie scene and The Cardinals Cantina.
Located on the third-base side, the Chick-fil-A Corner will be open for all Thursday-Saturday home games and will serve a tailored menu including their trademark Original Chicken Sandwich, Spicy Chicken Sandwich, two wraps, fruit cups and chocolate chip cookies.
The Hiland Dairy Cardinals Creamery is growing. Added to the traditional scooped ice cream that Cardinals fans know and love, grab-and-go novelties such as a Chocolate Malt and a Frog Spit lime green push-up take prime position on an expanded ice cream menu. A second service line has been added to help with speed of service.
Three new concession items -- the Funyun Burger, the Flaming Hot Cheetos Dog and Pig Wings -- also debut in 2018.
Coming soon, the Cardinals Cantina will serve new food items never experienced at Hammons Field. Stay tuned for more!
Four new monthly promotions make their debut in 2018, making Hammons Field's standing as the top family fun and entertainment option in Springfield during baseball season even better.
- Fans-On-Field Fireworks: Fans can enjoy one special Friday Fireworks Show per month from the award-winning outfield at Hammons Field. Our first Fans-On-Field Fireworks experience comes Friday, April 27!
- Foodie Fridays: New for the 2018 season, food-loving fans are invited to a special two-hour All-You-Can-Eat Foodie Friday buffet on the Right Field Patio that both includes and goes beyond your traditional Ballpark Food. Each month will feature on Specialty Item, starting with All-You-Can-Eat Buffalo Wings for April! Other months will include items such as Cashew Chicken, BBQ Pork Sliders, Street Tacos and Toasted Beef Ravioli. Our inaugural Foodie Friday takes place Friday, April 27! Only 300 tickets are available, so purchase early. For dates and tickets, visit SpringfieldCardinals.com/Theme
- Pre-Game On-Field Happy Hours: New for the 2018 season and debuting on Thursday, April 26, thirsty fans can take advantage of ballpark beer specials one chosen Thursday night each month in Homers Landing and on the Right Field Warning Track.
- Family 4-Packs: 4 tickets, 4 Cardinals caps, 4 hot dogs and 4 Coca-Colas for only $44. First Family 4-Pack opportunity comes Sunday, April 29!
*Foodie Fridays require Theme Night Tickets specific to each promotion. Call 417-863-0395 for more information.
For the full 2018 Promotional Schedule, visit SpringfieldCardinals.com/Promotions.
Here's what's new in 2018 on the operations and fan-improvement side of Hammons Field:
- New field entrances to help with Fans-On-Field Friday Fireworks, intended to increase ease of traffic flow onto the field and save you time in picking out a spot in the outfield!
- FREE specially designed Cardinals Gameday Handouts available at the gates with a collectible Springfield Cardinals player poster, Homestand Info and more!
- New video board layout design highlighting the classic Hammons Field brick and the custom Seafoam Green stadium piping.
- New video equipment on both base lines allowing the St. Louis Cardinals Analytics Department to have new views of the games.
We hope our fans are excited as we are for the 2018 season and the improvements to the Fan Experience at Hammons Field!
Click here to secure your Opening Day tickets!
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.