GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers are home this week to begin the home portion of their second half schedule with seven games from June 27 through July 3. There are three fireworks nights, Star Wars Night, Faith Day, and a Military Appreciation series along with giveaways, and plenty of great promotions.
Details of all the events while the Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers is home follow:
- FRIDAY, JUNE 27 at 7:05pm; Peanut Free Night; North Shore Bank Family Night w/ Y100; Fireworks; Postgame Kids Run the Bases presented by Molina Healthcare; Potawatomi Baseball Bingo; MEGA Brain & Strike Out Stroke Night; Lamers Player Magnet: The MEGA Brain is a one of a kind display and Neuroscience Group will have it in front of the stadium as part of their Strike Out Stroke Night. Peanut Free Night returns for this game. Peanuts will be barred from the stadium to allow fans with peanut allergies to attend the game. The first 500 fans to attend this game will receive a magnet featuring former Timber Rattler Jim Henderson from Lamers Bus Lines. This is magnet number two in a series of four that are being given away this season. All children 12 and under receive a free hot dog and soda as part of North Shore Bank Family night. There will be a postgame fireworks display. Then, kids 14 and under may participate in Kids Run the Bases thanks to Molina Healthcare after the fireworks. Plus, Potawatomi Bingo Casino presents Baseball Bingo, a chance to win prizes by playing a baseball-themed bingo game.
- SATURDAY, JUNE 28 at 6:35pm; Star Wars Night; FOX 11 fireworks; Potawatomi Baseball Bingo: The Empire strikes back this year for Star Wars Night. Timber Rattlers players and coaches will wear jerseys based on the armor worn by Darth Vader in the classic science fiction movies. Many characters from the movies will be on hand to meet with fans and pose for pictures. There will be a silent auction for the jerseys with the Proceeds going to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin. There will be a postgame fireworks display presented by FOX 11 that will rival the victory celebration after the Battle of Endor.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 29 at 1:05pm; Faith Day with postgame concert by The Neverclaim, Brewers Sunday presented by 107.5, The Fan; Bernie Carbo Appearance; Potawatomi Baseball Bingo; Fans can play catch on-field courtesy of Rasmussen College before the Rattlers game. Bernie Carbo, a former Milwaukee Brewer and one of Boston's heroes from Game Six of the 1975 World Series, will be on hand as part of Faith Day and Brewers Sunday. The gates to the ballpark will open at 10:00am for a special on field service from 10:30am to 11:30am. Brakebush Chicken, The Family 91.9 and Lifefest present a postgame concert by The Neverclaim in the Fox Communities Credit Union Fox Club. Timber Rattlers players and coaches will be wearing gold Rattlers jerseys based on the design of the Milwaukee Brewers and all Timber Rattlers players will be available for a postgame autograph session.
- MONDAY, JUNE 30 at 12:05pm; Qdoba Q*Monday with 106.7 Kruz; Baker Tilly Business Person & Senior Citizens Special presented by WVBO and AM1280, WNAM; Dunkin Donuts Player Poster Clint Coulter: The first 1,000 fans to attend this game will receive a poster of 2014 Midwest League All-Star Clint Coulter from Dunkin Donuts. This is poster number six in a series of ten that are being given away this season. You can earn a free ticket to this game - or any other Monday home game remaining in the regular season - by purchasing a lunch entrée at either Qdoba location in Appleton (3813 E. Calumet Street or 4343 W. Wisconsin Avenue). This is also a day for a Baker Tilly Business Person Special. Show your business card when you purchase a ticket and for $13.50 you will receive a box seat ticket, a beverage, and your choice of brat or hot dog. The offer is also available to senior citizens (55 & older) courtesy of WVBO and AM1280 WNAM
- TUESDAY, JULY 1 at 7:05pm; Military Appreciation Series; Jim Henderson Bobblehead presented by American National Bank; Baker Tilly Business Person & Senior Citizens Special presented by WVBO and AM1280, WNAM; Merkts Tasty Tuesday: The first 1,000 fans to attend this game will receive a bobblehead of Jim Henderson, a Timber Rattler in 2009 and a member of the Milwaukee Brewers bullpen since 2012, courtesy of American National Bank. This is the first game of the three-game Military Appreciation Series. Active, reserve, or retired members of all branches of the military will receive a free reserved bleacher seat ticket to any of the three games in the series with a valid military ID or verification of form DD-214 at the box office. Friends and family members of the military member may purchase a reserved bleacher seat at a discounted price of $7.00 per ticket. Timber Rattlers players and coaches will wear military-themed jerseys and hats during all games in this set with the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Hats and jerseys will be available in a silent auction that begins on July 1 and ends in the seventh inning of the game on July 3. Fans may phone in bids for the jerseys on July 2 and July 3 from 9:00am to 2:00pm by calling (800) WI-TIMBER or (920) 733-4152. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Fox Valley Veterans Council Emergency Fund.
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 2 at 7:05pm; Military Appreciation Series; WIXX Bang for Your Buck Night; Boxkar Pregame Concert: Boxkar will perform a concert outside the stadium before the game begins. The Military Appreciation continues as does the silent auction for the jerseys. Everyone may enjoy Cher-Make hotdogs, Pepsi products, and Miller beer for $1 as the Rattlers take on the Cedar Rapids Kernels.
- THURSDAY, JULY 3 at 7:05pm; Military Appreciation Series; Arty's Old Fashioned Thirsty Thursday presented by 95.9 KISS FM; Postgame Fireworks: The final game of the homestand is the final game of the Military Appreciation Series. Thirsty Thursday presented by Arty's Old Fashioned and 95.9 KISS FM means 22-oz Pepsi products, 16-oz Miller products, or Arty's Old Fashioned drinks for just $2. Take home one of the military-themed jerseys by submitting the winning bid in the silent auction that ends in the seventh inning of this game. But, enjoy the postgame fireworks first…just like the Founding Fathers would have wanted.
Tickets for these games are available in advance one of three ways: On-line at www.timberrattlers.com, over the phone at 800-WI-TIMBER, or in person at the Neuroscience Group Field Box Office. The box office is located at Fox Cities Stadium and is open on non-game days from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday and from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.