The Wichita Wind Surge are seeking highly motivated, creative, and energetic individuals to contribute to the overall sales effort of a professional sports organization.
Pay Rate: $10 per hour plus 8% commission
Hours: 38 hours per week
Timeline: January 11, 2022 – September 16, 2022
Job Description: This is a paid part-time internship position plus commission. As a member of the Wind Surge Ticket Sales Department, this individual will primarily focus on the sale of all ticket packages (including full season tickets, mini-plans, and various group outings) via telephone and appointment. This individual will also perform various game day duties as assigned.
• Assisting front office with day-to-day operations
• Developing and utilizing a solid knowledge of the sales process (including cold calls)
• Selling tickets for third party events
• Providing unwavering customer service to clients
• Maintaining customer sales database
• A strong focus in selling group & hospitality outings, gameday experiences, season tickets, & mini-plans
• Performing various game day duties including Promotions, Guest Services, Box Office, and others as needed
• Participating in community outreach programs and appearances
• Basic math and computer skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Willing to make cold calls to local businesses and prospective clients
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and pay attention to detail
• Reliable transportation and willingness to assist with grassroots marketing
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Passion to work in the Sports Industry
• Must be available and willing to work throughout the 2022 season from January through September
Interviews will begin on 12/13/2021. Selected internship students will start on Tuesday, January 11, 2021.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter and indicate which internship you are interested in to [email protected].
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.