Amarillo, Texas – After a six-game road series against the Frisco RoughRiders, the Sod Poodles return to HODGETOWN for their third to last home series of the regular season. The St. Louis Cardinals Double-A affiliate, the Springfield Cardinals will make their first visit to Amarillo since July 16-18 during the
Amarillo, Texas – After a six-game road series against the Frisco RoughRiders, the Sod Poodles return to HODGETOWN for their third to last home series of the regular season. The St. Louis Cardinals Double-A affiliate, the Springfield Cardinals will make their first visit to Amarillo since July 16-18 during the 2019 season starting Tuesday, August 9. Amarillo currently holds a 10-9 all-time record over Springfield after splitting their series in Springfield earlier this season.
The Sod Poodles roster currently boasts three of the Arizona Diamondbacks’ top 10 prospects. LHP Blake Walston (No. 3) is the highest-rated prospect on the roster and is coming off his last two starts where he is 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA and has allowed just four hits with 18 strikeouts. Walston will be slated to start the game on Thursday, August 11. Walston is the only current Sod Poodle ranked in the Top 100 prospects in all of baseball. Walston checks in at No. 71 on MLB Pipeline.
Bryce Jarvis (No. 7) hasn’t allowed more than three earned runs in any of his last six starts for the Sod Poodles dating back to June 21 and has scattered just 30 hits over his last 27.2 IP with 33 strikeouts. Bryce Jarvis should get two starts in the series, the series opener on Tuesday, and to close the series out on Sunday, August 14, when the Sod Poodles give away their first bobblehead of the season.
RHP Slade Cecconi (No. 9) is 5-4 with a 4.27 ERA in 19 games (18 starts) in his first Double-A action. Since the end of June, the former Miami Hurricane and 34th overall pick in the 2020 MLB Draft carries a 2.96 ERA over 24.1 IP. Slade is scheduled to pitch on Wednesday, August 10 for the first Bark in The Park game this season.
Springfields boasts plenty of top talent as well as the notoriety of being a farm club for one of the most followed MLB teams in baseball, The St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals are powered by No. 6 overall prospect, Jordan Walker.
The 20-year-old is one of the youngest players in Double-A. The 21st overall pick in the 2020 MLB Draft out of Decatur High School in Georgia. Walker currently ranks top 10 in the Texas League in doubles (T-4, 24), runs scored (4th, 69), XBH (T-5th, 39), hits (T-6th, 98), OPS (T-9th, .896), and SLG (10th, .502). He is hitting .300 through 83 games played with 12 home runs, including three multi-HR games.
INF Masyn Winn is the Cardinals’ No. 4 rated prospect (No. 87 overall) and is hitting .273 in just over 50 Double-A games so far. Both Winn and Walker made the trip to Los Angeles to participate in the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game alongside former Soddie outfielder, Corbin Carroll.
Catch The Fun
All single-game tickets for the series and the remainder of the 2022 season are on sale now. For more information, or to purchase tickets, please visit www.SodPoodles.com or call the HODGETOWN Box Office at (806) 803-9547 or email [email protected]
A summary of details for each game is below:
Tuesday, August 9 vs Springfield– 7:05 P.M.
- Taco Tuesday presented by Taco Bell and $2 Tuesday
- Taco Tuesday – Two tacos for just $3 all game long!
- $2 Tuesday – Lawn, standing room, and select seating bowl tickets are only $2
- Kids run the bases postgame (12 & Under)
- Gates Open at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 10 vs Springfield– 7:05 P.M.
- Bark In The Park – Pooch Passes required*
- Wiener Wednesday presented by Texas Ford Dealers – Enjoy $1 hot dogs all game long at all HODGETOWN concession stands.
- Copa de la Diversion – Pointy Boots de Amarillo
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 11 vs Springfield – 7:05 P.M.
- Thirsty Thursday™ presented by Barnes Jewelry - $2 domestic drafts and fountain sodas!
- $5 Beer Bat refills.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, August 12 vs Springfield– 7:05 P.M.
- Friday Night Fireworks - Kick off the weekend with a 90s Hit-themed firework show shortly after the final out of the night is recorded! Fireworks presented by RAM Hotels
- Gates open – 6:05 p.m.
Saturday, August 13 vs Springfield – 7:05 P.M.
- World Of Wizards Night
- MORE FIREWORKS –Wizard-themed fireworks show presented by Cacique Foods
- The Sod Poodles will don their fifth specialty jersey of the season. The Wizard-themed jerseys will be signed by the players and auctioned off postgame.
- In-park scavenger hunt with themed prizes
Sunday, August 14 vs. Springfield – 6:05 p.m.
- Hometown Hero Sunday presented by Bell – discounted tickets for all military and active first responders!
- RUCKUS Pointy Boots de Amarillo Bobblehead Giveaway – The First 1,500 fans will receive the first Sod Poodles Bobblehead giveaway of the 2022 season presented by Happy State Bank.
- Sod Pups Club Kids Run The Bases postgame!
- Gates open – 5:05 p.m.