Monday, June 10, 2019 l Game # 64
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (28-33) at Dayton Dragons (24-39)
RH Gabe Mosser (4-2, 3.50) vs. RH Jared Solomon (1-3, 3.60)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the last game of a four-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons have won a season-high seven straight games, outscoring their opponents 42-22. This is their longest winning streak since they won nine straight, April 9-20, 2018.
Last Game: Sunday: Dayton 5, Fort Wayne 4. The Dragons broke a 4-4 tie in the bottom of the ninth inning on a one-out, bases loaded hit off the left field fence by Pabel Manzanero. The Dragons trailed 4-0 midway through the game and trailed 4-1 going to the bottom of the eighth inning. They scored three in the eighth, keyed by a two-out, two-run pinch hit single by Brian Rey that tied the game. The Dragons 13-hit attack was led by Randy Ventura (3 hits, 1 RBI), Michael Siani (2 hits, 2 stolen bases, 1 run), Morgan Lofstrom (2 hits, 1 RBI, 1 run), and Manzanero (2 hits, game-winning RBI). The four-run deficit was the largest in any Dragons win this season and their first win of a game when trailing after seven innings.
- -During the Dragons seven-game winning streak, they lead the league in team batting (.272) and are tied for the lead in runs scored (42) with Great Lakes. They rank tied for first in the league in stolen bases (18). They are tied for the league lead in doubles (13). On the mound, they rank first in team ERA (2.29).
- -The Dragons need a win tonight to complete their first four-game series sweep since April 9-12, 2018 over Lake County in Dayton.
- -The Dragons have stolen 17 bases in their last six games to lead the league over this time period. Over the same time period, only two other MWL teams have reached double-digits.
- - Miles Gordon since joining the Dragons has played in seven games (the team has won all seven), going 12 for 29 (.414) with one home run and six stolen bases. He has a 1.020 OPS. He has had at least one hit in all seven games. In the month of June, Gordon is leads the MWL in batting average and hits; he is tied for second in RBI; second in stolen bases; sixth in OPS; and 10th in slugging percentage.
- - Michael Siani over his last 14 games is batting .360 with two home runs, 16 runs scored, and nine stolen bases. In the month of June, Siani is first in the MWL in runs scored and stolen bases; tied for second in hits; and fourth in batting average (.367).
- - Morgan Lofstrom over his last 11 games is batting .389 (14 for 36).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, June 11 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Robbie Welhaf (2-1, 1.33) at Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (1-5, 5.24)
Wednesday, June 12 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Wilkel Hernandez (4-5, 4.33) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (1-4, 4.56)
Thursday, June 13 (7:00 p.m.): West Michigan RH Hugh Smith (0-2, 4.36) at Dayton RH James Marinan (2-6, 5.09)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.