Sunday, June 9, 2019 l Game # 63
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 2:08 p.m.
TV: Dayton's CW (23) l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (28-32) at Dayton Dragons (23-39)
RH Efraín Contreras (3-2, 3.35) vs. RH Ricky Salinas (2-3, 4.95)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the third game of a four-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons have won a season-high six straight games, outscoring their opponents 37-18. This is their longest winning streak since they won six straight, April 29-May 5, 2018. Their last winning streak of longer than six games came April 9-20, 2018 when they won nine straight.
Last Game: Saturday: Dayton 8, Fort Wayne 4. Jay Schuyler drove in four runs and Miles Gordon continued his hot hitting as the Dragons won their sixth straight game. Gordon had two hits, scored two runs, drove in one, and stole a base. The Dragons trailed 4-2 before they erupted for six runs in the fifth inning to take an 8-4 lead.
- -The Dragons are 6-1 in the month of June, posting the league's best record. For the month, they rank third in the league in runs scored and fifth in team batting average. They rank tied for first in the league in stolen bases. On the mound, they rank tied for first in team ERA (2.00). Defensively, they have turned the second most double plays (9).
- -The Dragons have scored at least eight runs in three straight games for the first time this season. Previously, the most runs they had scored in consecutive games was six, on two occasions.
- -The Dragons have stolen 14 bases in their last five games. Over the same time period, only one other MWL team has stolen more than seven (Lansing, with 12).
- - Miles Gordon since joining the Dragons has played in six games (the team has won all six), going 11 for 25 (.440) with one home run and six stolen bases. He has a 1.081 OPS. He has had at least one hit in all six games. In the month of June, Gordon is tied for first in the MWL in RBI, hits, and stolen bases; second in batting average; tied for fifth in runs scored; and 10th in OPS.
- - Michael Siani over his last 13 games is batting .356 with two home runs, 15 runs scored, and seven stolen bases. In the month of June, Siani is first in the MWL in runs scored; tied for first in stolen bases (with Miles Gordon); tied for third in hits; and tied for 10th in batting average (.360).
- - Reliever Matt Pidich over his last seven games: 14.2 IP, 0 ER, 8 H, 7 BB, 16 SO.
- - Reliever Connor Bennett has notched saves in each of his last three appearances and is now tied for second in the MWL with six. He leads the league in appearances with 22.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, June 10 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Gabe Mosser (4-2, 3.50) at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (1-3, 3.60)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.