Come join us for a movie night on the field at Jackie Robinson Ballpark!
Date : Friday, May 22, 2020
Movie Starts : 7:42 pm
Gates Open : 7:00 pm
Movie : “42”
Run Time : 2 hours 8 minutes
Rating : PG-13
Seating will be available on the field with designed sections for social distancing. Don't wait to get your package as this will be a popular event.
Concessions will be available for purchase including drinks, popcorn, hot dogs and more!
Please see additional details below on social distancing protocols, packages and FAQs.
Includes 10' x 10' space for up to 4 family members
Family Value Pack
Includes 10' x 10' space for up to 4 family members
Plus 4 popcorns + 4 sodas
Mega Family Space
Includes 10’ x 20’ space for up to 8 family members
Packages subject to availability and limited quantities available. Packages can be purchased online. Exact seating will be determined upon arrival - all members of parties must arrive together.
The Tortugas front office has worked over the past few weeks to create protocols and procedures to ensure Jackie Robinson Ballpark is a safe venue for all attendees. Please review the details below on the healthy and safety polices put in place. Additional details on the re-opening protocols can be found here.
- Tickets MUST be either be printed in advance or displayed on your mobile device.
- You will need to present your ticket at the gate for access to the ballpark.
- In order to limit person-to-person contact, tickets will not be available for purchase at the gate.
- Tickets can be accessed here.
Upon purchase fans will receive a designated gate entry point. These designations are required to control the flow of traffic into the ballpark. Please only enter at your designated gate to ensure social distancing and for the safety of Tortugas staff.
Magnolia Gate Entry Point : Please park in the Library Parking Lot on Magnolia Avenue and enter the ballpark at the gate closest to the scoreboard, adjacent to the batting cages. This is the gate in the left field area.
East Gate Entry Point : Please park in the Courthouse Parking Lot off of Orange Avenue and enter the ballpark at the gate closest to the Orange Avenue Memorial Bridge, next to the tennis courts. This is the gate in the right field area.
Parking is free for all attendees!
- All Tortugas Staff will be wearing face coverings and gloves for the safety of our staff and fans.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings in the ballpark.
- Concessions lines and all points of sale are cashless. Please come prepared with card payment options.
- No bags are to be permitted into the ballpark.
- Fans will be encouraged to practice social distancing when entering, leaving, and during the duration of their stay at Jackie Robinson Ballpark.
- A complete breakdown of the Tortugas COVID-19 policies can be found here.
- No outside food or beverage
- In order to protect the quality & longevity of the field, only chairs with plastic, flat-bottoms (no pointed metal bottoms or stakes that can pierce the turf) will be allowed into the ballpark. Fans are encouraged to bring blankets and/or pillows.
- No weapons (knives, firearms, etc.) are allowed on the premises.
- An A-Z list of all ballpark policies can be found here. Please note that COVID-19 updated policies may supersede some policies listed.
- Do I have to wear a mask?
Based on CDC recommendations, we encourage all attendees to wear a mask or face covering while in public spaces, including Jackie Robinson Ballpark. At this time the the Tortugas are not requiring attendees to wear masks
- Will staff be wearing masks?
All Tortugas staff will be wearing masks for the duration of the event.
- Is it safe to have people back in the ballpark?
The Tortugas would not welcome fans into the ballpark if it was not safe. We have taken all necessary precautions and measures as advised by the CDC and the Florida Health Department in order to put together a safe event for our fans.
- What safety precautions are you taking?
We are instituting numerous social distancing measures both for our staff, and for the fans joining us at the ballpark. We are also instituting strict cleaning and sanitizing measures in all facets of the ballpark operation, more information can be found here.
- Will you accept cash payment?
All points of sale in Jackie Robinson Ballpark are now cashless.
- Why are you not accepting cash?
In order to limit person-to-person contact, cash will not be accepted in favor of outward facing card readers at concessions windows.
- Will concessions be available?
The concession stand will be open with a menu consisting of ballpark fare.
- Can I bring my own food?
No outside food or beverage is allowed inside Jackie Robinson Ballpark.
- Will concessions close once the movie starts?
The concession stand will remain open during the movie.
- Where/how do I pick up my family pack?
Pre-purchased family packs can be picked up at the concession stand pickup window. Please have your confirmation ready.
- Can I bring in a diaper bag?
A diaper bag will be allowed into the ballpark, if necessary.
- Does my purse count as a bag?
Purses will be allowed into the ballpark.
- Can I bring a chair?
Certain lawn chairs and other outdoor seating can cause permanent damage to Jackie Robinson Ballpark’s playing surface. In order to protect the quality & longevity of the field, only chairs with plastic, flat-bottoms (no pointed metal bottoms or stakes that can pierce the turf) will be allowed into the ballpark. Fans are encouraged to bring blankets and/or pillows.
- What if it rains?
If the event were to be postponed due to weather, fans would have the option to exchange their tickets for a future Movie Night in the Park, or request a refund.
- Does my infant require a ticket?
Children ages 3 and under will not be ticketed for entry and do not need to be included in the family total. For example, a family of 5 with a 2 year old will count as a family of 4.
- What if we arrive separately?
Seat locations will be assigned at the gates. Due to this, all members of your party must enter together. If all members of your party do not arrive together, you will be asked to wait for the remaining members of your party to arrive before entering the ballpark.
- What if we want to sit next to another family?
Any party who would like to be seated together MUST purchase ticket(s) in one order.
- Is there ADA seating?
The Tortugas will be able to accommodate by providing adequate seating either on the field or in the ADA section of the stands for the event.
- How do I pick my space? Where will we sit?
Parties will be assigned their squares at the gates, which will be sequentially numbered on the field. The spaces are distanced across the majority of the field, all with a good view of the video board.
- I can’t print my ticket - what do I do?
If you cannot or prefer not to print out your ticket(s) You can access your ticket here, and have the barcode scanned straight from your mobile device. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our ticketing team at [email protected]
- Can I purchase seats in the stands instead?
The only tickets available are for spaces on the field.
- Where do we park?
Please park in the parking lot described in your Movie Night Event guide that was sent to your email after purchasing. If you did not receive your email confirmation please email [email protected]
- How much is parking?
Parking is free!
- Can I purchase tickets at the gate?
All tickets must be purchased in advance and scanned at the gate.
- Which gate do I enter?
Please proceed to the gate designated in your Movie Night Event Guide that was sent to your email after purchasing. If you did not receive your email confirmation please email [email protected]