Monday, April 17, 2017 l Game # 11
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lansing Lugnuts (6-4) at Dayton Dragons (7-3)
RH Andy Ravel (1-0, 0.00) vs. RH Tony Santillan (0-1, 3.00)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the first game of a three-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons had a seven-game winning streak snapped in their most recent game, on Saturday at Great Lakes. This was the Dragons longest winning streak since they won seven straight, April 9-16, 2014. Their last eight-game winning streak was July 17-25, 2011.
- On Friday night, Ryan Olson fired the first nine-inning complete game in the month of April in Dragons history. Olson also tossed only the second nine-inning shutout for a Dragons pitcher in the last nine seasons (Wendolyn Bautista had one in 2016, the first since Enerio Del Rosario did it in 2008).
- Olson has the highest total of innings among all pitchers who have not been scored upon this season in all of Minor League Baseball with 16.
- Taylor Trammell has hit safely in six straight games, batting .292 during the streak.
- The Dragons have held sole possession of first place since winning Friday night (first time since May 17, 2014).
- The Dragons have won three games this season in which they trailed after seven innings. There have been only three other games in the entire league this season in which a team won despite trailing after seven. The Dragons won five games in all of 2016 when trailing after seven.
- The Dragons 7-3 start to the season matches their second best start in team history. They started the 2007 season by going 9-1 through 10 games. They were also 7-3 after 10 games in 2014.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, April 18 (7:00 p.m.): Lansing RH Justin Maese (1-1, 4.91) at Dayton LH Scott Moss (0-1, 6.23)
Wednesday, April 19 (7:00 p.m.): Lansing RH Patrick Murphy (1-0, 4.91) at Dayton LH Wennington Romero (1-0, 4.35)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.