May 17, 2021 - MASK GUIDELINES UPDATE
MIDLAND, Mich. – The Great Lakes Loons are pleased to announce modifications to the Dow Diamond mask protocol effective immediately. The modifications follow updates to COVID-19 guidelines published by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Major League Baseball, as well
May 17, 2021 - MASK GUIDELINES UPDATE
MIDLAND, Mich. – The Great Lakes Loons are pleased to announce modifications to the Dow Diamond mask protocol effective immediately. The modifications follow updates to COVID-19 guidelines published by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Major League Baseball, as well as guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The updates to the protocols are as follows:
- All fans, regardless of vaccination status, are no longer required to wear a mask when seated or moving about an open-air area within Dow Diamond.
- Fans who have yet to be vaccinated for COVID-19 are required to wear a mask while in an indoor area of Dow Diamond, including the Loons front office, the Tri-Star Trust Club, Loon Loft team store, and restroom facilities. This guidance will remain in place until July 1st, 2021 as directed by MDHHS.
“This is a monumental step forward, not just for our organization, but for our fans as we continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. This new mask protocol, along with the other protocol modifications announced last week, will give our fans the most normal Loons experience since September of 2019,” stated Chris Mundhenk, President, and General Manager. “We continue to encourage our unvaccinated fans to get their COVID-19 vaccine so we can continue down the “Michigan Vacc to Normal” plan that will permit sold-out Loons games as our state reaches critical vaccination milestones.”
- Fans are encouraged to complete a health screening survey prior to entering Dow Diamond to ensure contact information is on file for contact tracing purposes. A health screening survey will continue to be sent to ticket holders on the day of the game they are attending.
- Fans are encouraged to leave bags and purses at home in an effort to provide contactless service at Dow Diamond entry gates. Fans desiring to bring a bag or purse into Dow Diamond will have their bag subjected to a security search prior to entering the ballpark.
- Beginning immediately, the Dow Diamond box office will be open for walk-up ticket purchases Monday – Friday, from 10 AM to 5 PM. All tickets will continue to be digitally delivered to fans’ emails in an effort to provide contactless service.
- Accessible parking will be available for offline, drive-up purchases on the day of Loons games on a first-come, first-serve basis, while parking spots are available. Fans are still highly encouraged to pre-purchase their parking prior to traveling to Dow Diamond on the Clutch! App.
- Starting with the May 18th game against Lake County, general admission standing room only tickets will be available for purchase for $10 in quantities as few as one ticket. Fans with this ticket type are asked to maintain social distancing while inside Dow Diamond. Tickets can be purchased at Loons.com, by calling 989-837-BALL, or visiting the Dow Diamond box office.
- Private seating venues are now available for reservation for games throughout the 2021 season at 2019 seating capacities. These include luxury suites (20 tickets), Pier 47 (24 tickets) and the Shoreline Box (16 tickets). Reservations for future games can be made by contacting the Dow Diamond box office.
- Live on-field promotions, national anthems, and first pitches will return to the game day experience starting May 18th.
For the complete listing of Dow Diamond COVID-19 protocols, go to loons.com and visit the Health and Safety Information page under the Club Info tab.
The Great Lakes Loons have been a Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team’s inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team’s home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.