Employment Opportunities | Employment Application (PDF)
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are building their team for another season of affordable family fun at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. The team has set two job fair dates for 2018 game day positions - Saturday, March 17, and Tuesday, March 20, at the ballpark. Interested candidates may choose to attend either of the job fairs.
The job fairs will be Saturday, March 17, from 9 a.m. to noon, and Tuesday, March 20, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, 301 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
Interested applicants need only attend one of the job fairs but should be prepared to interview at the job fair. Each applicant will be asked to complete an employment application. A downloadable copy of the application is available at www.jaxshrimp.com, and applicants may bring completed applications to the job fair. Candidates are encouraged to bring a resume and dress appropriately.
Parking for the event will be in Lot P, east of the stadium, and applicants may enter though the main stadium gates at the corner of A. Philip Randolph Blvd. and E. Adams St.
Open positions are for seasonal employment, including but not limited to 70 Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp baseball home games, additional stadium events and training. The ideal candidate is outgoing, enjoys being part of a team atmosphere, and is ready to have FUN while providing top-notch customer service.
The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are seeking candidates for the following positions:
- GAME DAY TICKET SELLER: One of the first points of guest interaction, the game day ticket seller will staff a ticket window at the box office approximately one hour before the gates open for that night's game and work until the majority of the crowd has been served, approximately an hour after the game begins. The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville utilizes the Glitnir ticketing system, and the game day ticket seller will work in an efficient manner to meet the fans' needs for ticket purchases, exchanges, and upgrades at the ticket window.
- KIDS ZONE ATTENDANT: The kids zone attendant will staff one of the multiple children's attractions at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. From the speed pitch to the giant inflatables to the carnival-style games, the attendant is responsible overseeing the safety of those in the area as well as ensuring everyone is having FUN. Arrival time would be approximately one hour before gates open and end time would be dependent on crowd size.
- MERCHANDISE STORE EMPLOYEE: From stocking and organizing the store prior to the gates opening on game day to assisting customers with their merchandise purchases, the employee will provide top-notch customer service while maintaining organization and attention to detail. Additionally, the merchandise employee may also be operating satellite merchandise kiosks, as well as hawking smaller items in the stands. Arrival time would be approximately a half hour before gates open, and end time would be dependent on crowd size but could be following the game on busier nights. Retail experience is a plus.
- GUEST RELATIONS: The guest relations area at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville will be the customer service and fan information hub of the ballpark. The guest relations staff will greet fans with a smile and help them resolve any issue they may have, from ticketing to getting their child's birthday greeting on the video board. The guest relations members will staff the area from when gates are open through the end of the game, with a focus on service and ensuring fans' expectations are exceeded on all levels.
- 50/50 TICKET SELLER: Ticket sellers sell tickets to fans for the nightly 50/50 charitable raffle at Jumbo Shrimp home games. Sellers should comfortably handle large cash transactions, credit card machines and the sale and distribution of 50/50 raffle tickets throughout their work shift. They work to engage fans and staff to spread awareness of the 50/50 raffle program. They solve problems quickly and efficiently and answer questions fans may have about the 50/50 raffle program. Ticket sellers are responsible for meeting and/or exceeding designated sales goals per game. Preferred candidates will be available to work a majority of the 70 home games, arriving 1.5 hours prior to game time.
- FAN EXPERIENCE REPRESENTATIVES: The Jumbo Shrimp's most visible and helpful game day employee, the ideal Fan Experience Representative candidate is outgoing, knowledgeable about the ballpark and its rules and regulations, and enjoys interacting with people and having FUN. The Fan Experience Representatives will be located throughout the ballpark, including entry areas of the stadium. Fan Experience Representatives will also serve as friendly faces in many tasks including, assisting fans to their seats, answering any questions guests may have, inspection of bags brought into the ballpark by guests and other tasks as needed. These staff members will also direct entry and exit of guests through areas within the ballpark. Arrival time would be approximately a half hour before gates open, when they would wipe down and prepare their seating section, and last until at least the final out of the game, pending postgame activities.
- GAME DAY CLEAN TEAM: Team members will work throughout the game keeping the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville clean. Responsibilities will include keeping the main concourse tidy, responding to spill calls, emptying trash receptacles throughout the game, keeping restrooms clean and stocked with paper products and soap, and generally keeping the stadium presentable. Team members will generally arrive a half hour before the gates open and work through the end of the game, reporting to the stadium operations manager. Candidates may also be considered for non-game day work.
- BAT BOY: Collecting bats from the field is the part you have probably seen at a game, but there is more to the job of a bat boy - from filling water jugs before the game to getting the dugouts prepared, and any other duties as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager. All bat boys must be at least 16 years of age by Opening Day (April 11).
- ID CHECKER: Fans consuming alcohol at Jumbo Shrimp games must first stop by an ID Check station to have their age verified and receive a wrist band from an ID Checker. ID Checkers will arrive at the ballpark a half hour before the gates open, and end time will be - based on crowd size - no later than the seventh inning when alcohol sales end.
Potential employees are subject to a background check and drug test. The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp are an equal opportunity employer.
UP NEXT: The Jumbo Shrimp open the 2018 season presented by Community First Credit Union on April 5, in Jackson, Tennessee. The 2018 home opener is Wednesday, April 11, at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Season ticket renewals and new packages for the 2018 season may be reserved with a nonrefundable 25 percent down payment by calling a Jumbo Shrimp account representative at (904) 358-2846 or at the ballpark Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Individual game tickets will go on sale Tuesday, March 13.
ABOUT THE JUMBO SHRIMP: The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp offer affordable family fun at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Their inaugural season garnered the Southern League's Don Mincher Organization of the Year, Promotional Trophy, and Jimmy Bragan Executive of the Year, won by General Manager Harold Craw. To experience the excitement with the terrific value of ticket and group options, call the Jumbo Shrimp at (904) 358-2846 or visit www.jaxshrimp.com.