IRONPIGS CHARITIES MISSION
Established in 2007, before the Lehigh Valley IronPigs ever played an International League game, IronPigs Charities (IPC) was created to support educational and recreational opportunities for Lehigh Valley youth. A year round fundraising effort is made through in-game activities and special events. IPC provides support and financial assistance to charitable organizations in the Lehigh Valley area, many serving children with disabilities or economic disadvantages. Throughout the past 15 years, IPC has donated over $1.2 million dollars to Lehigh Valley to youth serving non-profit organizations.
IronPigs Charities and GameOn! Lehigh Valley offers Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grants that provide funding to help build, renovate and improve athletic facilities, related amenities, and/or significant equipment for any youth organization in the Lehigh Valley region.
Maintenance of the facility following the renovation is the sole responsibility of the municipality or organization that owns, manages, and utilizes the facility.
- Any facility intended exclusively or primarily for professional or “semi-pro” sports use.
- Signs or displays promoting tobacco products or alcoholic beverages.
- Any work done on a facility not eligible for a Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grant.
- Organizational operating expenses or administrative costs including staff salaries.
- Routine maintenance such as lawn mowing.
- Utility payments such as monthly water or electric bills.
Please answer the application questions in the order that they appear below. In addition to the application, please submit any letters of recommendation, photographs, plans, budget projections, and/or estimates of the facility you are planning to renovate.
The 2024 grant application deadline is Thursday, March 8, 2024 at 5:00 P.M.