The Toledo Mud Hens organization's mission is to foster new relationships and further develop current relationships with groups & organizations who are committed to the education and recreational development of our area youth. To make a positive difference in the Toledo area community through the existing programs and events the Mud Hens sponsor each year. Check out all of the ways that the Mud Hens, through the Helping Hens program, give back to the community.
Muddy's Knothole Club
For nearly 100 years, the Mud Hens have developed partnerships with local businesses to provide tickets for underprivileged children from Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Muddy's Knothole Club gives children the opportunity to experience the fun and excitement of a professional baseball game right here in downtown Toledo!
Hey bidder bidder! Throughout the season, the Mud Hens hold various silent and live auctions during and after the games. These ballpark auctions include specialty jerseys for theme nights such as 180th Fighter Wing inspired 'Toledo Stingers' jerseys, Jeep Fest inspired 'Toledo Mud Crawlers' jerseys, and more! Fans have the opportunity to bid on player-worn Mud Hens jerseys and other Toledo Mud Hens memorabilia. Each ballpark auction is staffed by local charities who receive a portion of the proceeds from the auction.
The Toledo Mud Hens take great pride in assisting local charitable and civic organizations in a variety of ways. One way we can assist these groups is through the donation of select Toledo Mud Hens memorabilia and game tickets. Due to the thousands of requests we receive throughout the year, the Mud Hens have devised a lottery system to distribute donations. All groups will be notified through mail if their group was chosen to receive tickets or other items. Only online donation requests will be considered and must be submitted at least one month prior to your event.
HOW IT WORKS
- Your organization will designate a specific night in which they would like to come out and enjoy a night with the Mud Hens
- The Mud Hens allow organizations to sell tickets at a marked up price and keep the profits. The organization must purchase a minimum of 25 tickets at a designated price and take responsibility for selling those tickets. (Organizations have marked up tickets to the $12-$15 range.) Sorry, no refunds will be made for tickets the organization does not sell.
- Dates will be selected on a first come first served basis.
- Special welcome message on the message board
- Everyone in the group sits together (based on availability)
- Free Promotional material and support to help you organize your day at the ballpark
- A table on the main concourse to display information about your organization (150 person group outing minimum)
- A representative from your organization will throw out a ceremonial first pitch during pre-game ceremonies (200 person group outing minimum)
Muddy and Muddonna are busy birds, appearing at over 300 public events annually. The duo are among the most famous mascots in sports, receiving national recognition in publications like Sports Illustrated, Baseball Weekly, the Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News.
Muddy and Muddonna are available for: anniversaries, corporate picnics & events, private parties, family reunions, birthdays, festivals & carnivals, charitable & fundraising events, grand openings, commercial events, parades, schools & church socials, wedding receptions, ANYWHERE there is a gathering of people! Invite Muddy or Muddonna to your next special event!
NOTE: We will not have mascot appearances available in 2021 due to the Health & Safety Guidelines in place.
We are proud of our player's level of commitment "Off the Field" to support local charitable and civic organizations throughout Northwest Ohio. Many of our players will be making pre-arranged appearances throughout the year, therefore any additional requests will be subject to the game schedule and the player's availability. All requests must be submitted in writing on your organization's letterhead at least six weeks prior to the date of your event. Be sure your letter outlines:
- A brief description of your group and your event - including date & time
- Expected attendance for your event
- The location of the event with specific directions
- A contact name and phone number for your group
NOTE: We will not have player appearances available in 2021 due to the Health & Safety Guidelines in place.
Please submit all requests to:
Toledo Mud Hens
Andi Roman, Director of Communications
406 Washington St.
Toledo, OH 43604