If the weather is questionable, what do I do?
IF IT IS RAINING BEFORE THE GAME…
First, it is helpful to keep in mind that there are many instances when it may be raining in some parts of Worcester/Central MA, but it may not be raining at the ballpark.
Please note that the decision to postpone a game due to weather is typically made close to the game’s scheduled start time. Team officials pay close attention to the weather leading up to game time and make every effort to keep the field ready for play. Unless the weather prior to game time is particularly severe or the forecast reveals that inclement weather is inevitable, team officials will plan to play the game as scheduled.
IF IT BEGINS TO RAIN DURING THE GAME…
If it starts to rain while a game is in progress, the grounds crew will cover the field if it is necessary to keep the playing surface suitable for play. The game will then enter a rain delay. During this time, team officials and umpires will pay close attention to the weather and the forecast for the remainder of the game. After a reasonable amount of time, the umpires will decide if the weather has improved and is suitable for play or if the game should be declared a rainout.
If the teams have played five innings or more (or if the WooSox are leading after four and a half innings of play) and a rainout is declared, the game is considered an official game. In other words, the game is finished, the game has a final score, and play will not continue at a later date. On the other hand, if a game is rained out before being declared an official game, you should hold onto your tickets, since they can be redeemed for tickets to a future game (see below).
Rainout Ticket Policy
In the event of a rainout, your ticket will be good for any remaining regular season home game during the current season and may be exchanged at the WooSox ticket office, on WooSox.com, or by calling (508) 500-8888, for a ticket of equal or lesser value, subject to availability. There are no cash refunds for tickets or parking.
If a game is called due to inclement weather or other circumstances after five innings have been played, a game is considered “official.” In this case, there will be no ticket exchanges.
It is extremely rare that the WooSox postpone a game due to weather in advance of the gameday. In the case that your WooSox game is postponed, here are the policies and procedures:
Individual Game Tickets
- Fans who attended a postponed game can exchange their tickets for a ticket of equal or lesser value for any 2021 Worcester Red Sox game.
- Tickets can be exchanged in person at the box office, by calling 508-500-8888, or online. Please see the bottom of the page for the online ticket exchange policy
- Box office hours are:
o Monday-Sunday (game days): 9 AM – conclusion of game
o Monday-Friday (non-game days): 9 AM – 5 PM
o Saturdays (non-game days): 10 AM – 2 PM
- Season ticket holders have the ability to exchange their rained out tickets electronically for any ticket of equal or lesser value for a 2021 WooSox game. Please see the bottom of this page for our electronic ticket exchange policy.
- Mini plan holders have the ability to exchange their rained out tickets electronically for any ticket of equal or lesser value for a 2021 WooSox game. Please see the bottom of this page for our electronic ticket exchange policy.
- The party will still take place in the suite during the planned time – suite opens when gates open and the event will last for 2 hours.
- The food will be served as usual, and additional food is available for purchase during the event.
- Each guest’s ticket will serve as a voucher they can redeem at the box office for a different 2021 WooSox home game. Along with the ticket, they will receive a DCU Club pass at the time of redemption to enjoy the climate controlled area at the game of their choosing. These tickets must be exchanged in-person at the WooSox box office.
- The party will still take place during the normally scheduled time – party space opens when gates open and the event lasts for 2 hours.
o Shaw’s 3B Bullpen parties will remain in the same covered space.
o The Hanover Deck will move downstairs to the Shaw’s 3B Bullpen area and an additional area behind Sections 1 and 2 on the concourse.
o Shaw’s 1B Bullpen will move behind the concourse area in Section 15 by Country Bank Fan Services
o FlexCon will be moved to the Coors Light bar behind Section 8.
- Each guest’s ticket will serve as a voucher they can redeem at the box office for a different 2021 WooSox home game. These tickets must be exchanged in-person at the WooSox box office for general admission tickets.
- Each guest’s ticket will serve as a voucher they can redeem at the box office for a different 2021 WooSox home game. If the tickets were distributed digitally, fans can make the exchange online. Please see the bottom of this page for the online ticket exchange policy. If the tickets were printed and distributed, fans must exchange their tickets in-person at the WooSox box office.
“Picnic at the Park”
- If a WooSox game is postponed due to rain, the food portion of the event will still occur during the scheduled time (beginning when gates open, lasting 2 hours). The location of the event will be moved under one of the covered spaces on the concourse in Polar Park.
- Fans’ game tickets would then act as a voucher for a ticket of equal or lesser value for any 2021 WooSox home game. Fans would be required to exchange their game ticket at the WooSox box office or by calling the box office at 508-500-8888.
Electronic Exchange Program
- Log in to MyTickets page: https://mpv.tickets.com/?agency=WRSM_MYTIXX&orgid=54715#/auth/login
- Choose “Exchange” on the left side of the page.
- The rained out game (s) will appear available. Click which postponed game you’d like to use your tickets from.
- On the next page, click the checkbox next to those tickets and click “continue”.
- On the next page, select “find eligible events”.
- The remainder of the 2021 WooSox schedule will appear available. Select the game and seats that you are interested in exchanging for.
- At the checkout page, your seat exchange credit will be applied toward whatever seats you’ve chosen for your future game. If the new seats cost more than your credit, you will need to pay the difference. If the new seats cost less than your credit, you will have a credit remaining on your account.
- Please note, Tickets.com requires a $1 fee per ticket for exchanges.
- Please call the WooSox box office with any questions – 508-500-8888
Rain Policy Terminology
A rain delay is when the game is officially delayed after the scheduled start time. Play will continue later that day. Tickets cannot be exchanged in the event of a rain delay.
A game that is rained out or postponed will not be played that day due to inclement weather. When this happens, the game is usually rescheduled into a doubleheader the next time the two teams meet.
In the event of a rainout or postponement, your ticket will be good for any remaining regular season home game during the current season and may be exchanged at the WooSox ticket office, on WooSox.com, or by calling (508) 500-8888, for a ticket of equal or lesser value, subject to availability. There are no cash refunds for ticketing or parking.