Wednesday, June 13, 2018 l Game # 64
Four Winds Field l South Bend, Ind. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (30-33) at South Bend Cubs (33-31)
RH Tyler Mondile (1-5, 7.02) vs. LH Ricky Tyler Thomas (2-4, 2.62)
For the complete Press Box Notes packet, click this link: http://www.milb.com/documents/4/4/4/281074444/061318_GameNotes.pdf
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the South Bend Cubs (affiliate of the Chicago Cubs) in the second game of a three-game series. Season Series to Date: Dayton 4, South Bend 0. Current Series to Date: Dayton 1, South Bend 0.
Last Game: Tuesday: Dayton 3, South Bend 2. The Dragons broke a 2-2 tie with a single run in the top of the ninth inning and John Ghyzel pitched a perfect bottom of the ninth for the save. Leandro Santana had a home run and Mark Kolozsvary added two hits including a double for Dayton. Dragons starting pitcher Packy Naughton was outstanding, allowing just two unearned runs in six and two-thirds innings. The two teams combined for no walks and 19 strikeouts. The two runs allowed by the Dragons was the fewest they have given up in any road game this season.
2018 Team Notes
- The Dragons have committed just one error in their last six games. They completed the four-game set with Bowling Green without an error, marking the first time the Dragons have played a four-game series without an error since August 26-29, 2016 vs. Bowling Green.
- The Dragons are 22-14 at home; 8-19 on the road. Their team ERA at home is 4.44 compared to 6.49 on the road. They are scoring more runs per game on the road (5.0) than at home (4.3). They have allowed 29 unearned runs on the road compared to 12 at home.
- The Dragons have been the streakiest team in professional baseball in 2018. They started the year with a three-game losing streak, won the next nine games, lost the next eight, won nine of 10, lost the next eight, won seven of eight, lost the next three, won four of six, lost the next seven, and won last night.
- The Dragons team ERA in their 30 wins is 3.28 (269 IP, 98 ER). The ERA in the 33 losses is 7.26 (277.2 IP, 224 ER).
- The Dragons are 4-19 against Bowling Green and Lansing this season; 26-14 against the rest of the league.
2018 Individual Notes
- Hendrik Clementina is hitting .329 on the year with a .615 slugging percentage. He is tied for fourth in the MWL in home runs with nine despite not having enough plate appearances to qualify for the batting lead (he is three short of the minimum). With his current averages, he would rank third in the league in batting average and second in slugging percentage if he qualified. Clementina was named the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Hitter of the Month for May after batting .329 with seven home runs and 20 RBI in the month.
- John Sansone has a four-game hitting streak, going 4-15, .267.
- John Ghyzel ranks first in the MWL lead in saves with 12.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, June 14 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Hunter Greene (1-4, 5.70) at South Bend RH Erich Uelmen (4-5, 3.99)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.