The health and safety of our guests, employees, players, coaches, and training staff is of the highest priority and the Bulls are committed to practice the best and safest efforts to keep the community safe when attending baseball and other special events at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
The steps outlined below are intended to protect our guests, employees, players, coaches, and training staff. We will continue to follow the guidance of local, regional and national health and government agencies, and the input of local and regional health partners will play a significant role in informing the below policies.
- Durham Bulls Athletic Park has adopted a clear bag policy to assist with the health and safety for guests and staff alike. Clear bags may be no larger than 12" x 6" x 12".
- Non-clear bags are limited to small clutch purses or similar type of bags, and must be smaller than 6.5" x 4.5".
- Please note that the Wool E. World Playground is currently a private group area and temporarily closed to the public. Standing Room Only areas and the Baker Roofing Gate are also closed at this time.
- Staff will enter via the right field corner entrance, where security will verify their position for the game.
- Fans may enter via the Blue Cross Blue Shield NC front gates, CEI gate in left field, and PNC Triangle Club entrance.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Signage will encourage social distancing upon entry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield NC Hand Sanitizing stations will be present at each point of entry.
- Tickets, personal items, and clear bags are to be held by guests only.
- Staff or scanning pedestals will be able to scan your ticket without contact.
- As in previous seasons, each guest is permitted to bring one sealed, plastic water bottle.
- Fans are encouraged to maintain social distancing while exiting the DBAP and while walking to their vehicle, and are encouraged to exit via the closest possible gate.
- The entire ballpark will be cleaned/sanitized with increased regularity and scope.
- CDC guidelines will be posted throughout Durham Bulls Athletic Park in areas highly visible to guests, staff and team personnel, especially in high traffic locations.
- Bull City Hospitality, the DBAP concessionaire company, will ensure all ballpark and health standards are exceeded.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to order their concessions on the mobile Appetize app.
- All employees will wear gloves during any element of food preparation and service.
- All utensils, cups, condiments, and napkins will be single-use and, when appropriate, individually wrapped.
- High traffic areas and touch points will be routinely sanitized in-game, including, but not limited to, prep stations, cash registers, counters, credit card readers, and stanchions.
- To limit contact with food service equipment, food items will be individually packaged, as appropriate.
- Signage promoting social distancing will be visible while queued in line.
- Consistent with CDC and NC health official guidelines, the Bulls will no longer require vaccinated guests to wear masks while attending an event at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
- We ask and encourage non-vaccinated fans to continue wearing masks at all times when not eating or drinking. No proof of vaccination will be required, and we will rely on our fans to make the right choice for their own safety and for the safety of others around them.
- Other personal protective equipment (PPE) permitted in the ballpark include, but are not limited to, gloves, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
Health & Safety Guidelines
All guests and staff members are encouraged to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wash hands often with soap and water in a DBAP restroom. Use of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina hand sanitizer stations throughout the DBAP is also encouraged.
- Maintain social distancing from all DBAP fans and staff at all times.
- Anyone who feels sick is encouraged to stay home. Fans who may begin feeling ill while at the DBAP, may report to Lowes Foods Guests Services, or contact an EMT.
Media & Marketing Materials
- Rosters and other team-related items will be available via our digital Play Ball program, which can be found by clicking here. Lineups will be available approximately one hour prior scheduled first pitch. Scorecards will be available to fans as they enter the Blue Cross Blue Shield NC Front Gates and CEI Left Field Gate.
- Durham Bulls Athletic Park is a cashless facility in order to encourage fewer points of contact for fan and staff safety, while also decreasing transaction times, creating faster moving lines and improving overall guest satisfaction.
- Only major credit and debit cards and pre-loaded tickets are accepted at DBAP points of sale including the Ballpark Corner Store and all food and beverage locations.
- Apple Pay is also accepted for mobile ordering and at all food and beverage kiosks, beer portables, and bar locations throughout the DBAP.
Promotions & On-Field Activities
- On-field activities, including, but not limited to, pre-game activities and between-inning promotions, are temporarily suspended by MLB.
- The Bulls will still conduct most on-field activities, but in a hybrid method. National anthems will be performed off the playing field, and some between-inning promotions will take place in other areas of the DBAP.
- Player autographs are temporarily suspended by Major League Baseball to limit contact, as are player giveaways to guests (i.e. baseballs tossed into stands).
- When appropriate for privacy, restroom doors will be propped open to encourage touchless entry and exit.
- All public restroom fixtures such as sinks, paper towel dispensers, and flush valves have been renovated to utilize motion sensors to limit contact.
- The Ballpark Corner Store and all other retail points of sale throughout the DBAP will adhere to social distancing guidelines and capacity restrictions.
- Space markers will promote proper social distancing between guests at checkout locations
- Apple pay is accepted at the Ballpark Corner Store and other points of sale
Ticket Purchasing and Servicing
- Routine hand-washing and sanitiation of office equipment, guest counter space, credit card readers, ticket scanners, and other main touch points.
- Space markers and railings will promote social distancing at the Mako Medical Box Office.
- All tickets purchased at the Mako Medical Box Office will be delivered digitally. This includes tickets purchased more than one hour before the start of an event at the DBAP. Major credit and debit cards are the preferred method of payment at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
- Fans are to maintain posession of ticket or mobile phone at all times. DBAP staff members will verify and scan without contact.
- Pod seating will be utilized throughout the DBAP seating bowl. Fans are required to sit in their assigned seat location.
- Fans who would like to inquire about changing their seat location once in the DBAP may visit Lowes Foods Guest Services. All exchanges are subject to availability.