The Durham Bulls are committed to creating a family-friendly and welcoming environment at Durham Bulls Athletic Park for all guests. As part of that commitment, we have adopted this written policy addressing fan behavior. The policy includes a Fan Code of Conduct, which is fan-facing and describes how fans are expected to behave.
All Durham Bulls staff, including game-day staff, will receive a copy of this policy prior to the season and our ballpark security teams will be trained on how to handle a violation of the policy.
A copy of the Fan Code of Conduct can be found at Guest Services and on our website durhambulls.com.
Fans will be notified before and during the game through public address announcements on the main video board that summarize the Fan Code of Conduct, the penalties for violation, and how to report prohibited behavior.
Fan Code of Conduct
- In order to provide a welcoming experience for all, the Durham Bulls have implemented a Fan Code of Conduct. Out of respect for fellow guests, players, coaches, and ballpark staff, all guests are prohibited from:
- Trespassing on the playing field at any time;
- Interfering with baseballs that are in play;
- Throwing or tossing objects;
- Using foul, obscene or derogatory language (see below) or gestures;
- Misusing or overconsuming alcohol, including, underage consumption;
- Behaving in a manner that is disruptive, unruly, or abusive;
- Accessing areas of the ballpark without a proper ticket, pass, or credential;
- Misusing tickets, passes, or credentials in any way; or
- Bringing prohibited items into the ballpark.
Derogatory language is defined as offensive language concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, or national origin, and anyone using such language is subject to automatic ejection from the DBAP.
Violations of the Fan Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and may lead to ejection from the DBAP, a ban on attending future games, or other consequences. Guests who are found to have used derogatory language will be ejected from the DBAP.
Guests are encouraged to report violations of the Fan Code of Conduct to the nearest ballpark staff member. This can be done in person, at our Guest Services location, or directly with Ballpark Security.